Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday Empty
PostSubject: leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday     leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 18:09

hi. tomorow is on,,,fishing 8am till 2pm.....wet and windy me thinks so wrap up well,, cant see sundsay being on with the forecast being given....but you never know..... in the water for 7.50 am please for a radio check on channel 74....tight lines,,, keith Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
mal b

mal b

PostSubject: Re: leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday     leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 19:20

HOPE YOUR FLOATATION SUIT IS DRY Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Saturday     leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2011, 21:52

Cheers Keith, have a good day fishing as you know we cant make it tomorrow, its a good weather report for saturday. Tight lines, give us a report as soon as you can please. Tim. cheers
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: result leg 5 saturday 12 feb..     leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2011, 07:42

hi
3 boats fished. Blu Nose, Sea Raider and Kingfisher,, weather perfect, cold but flat calm...fishing wasnt too bad, roger had a cod of 2lb 8oz within the 1st 20 mins,,Blue Nose fished up river and they had their 3 cod within the 1st couple of hours..kingfisher took a long time but got there in the end with 3 cod and a single whiting in size,, lots of big dabs about on 4/0 pennells....results are;;
1st Kingfisher,, 3 cod and 1 whiting for 6lb
2nd Blu Nose,, 3 cod for 4lb 10oz
3rd Sea Raider 1 cod for 2lb 8oz
mal, my floatation suit is now dry and at least this time i caught some fish!!,,,,,
good day out considering after the previous weeks reports of no fish from a couple of beach matches, i honestly thought the fishing would be very poor,,,so was surprised when we had about 7 cod in size, not very big, but cod all the same...all we need now is for Richie to break his duck and catch a fish on their new boat. Embarassed .come on Rich, we are all rooting for you!!! Very Happy Very Happy
One leg to go and its very close,, 3 boats have a possiblity of winning the league on the last match. Lets hope the cod are still here for that.. tight lines,, keith...
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Re: leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday     leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2011, 09:48

Sorry keith, I will try harder next time, but don't forget someone has got to look after the other kids on the boat. I thought I got the best fish of the day... A CABLE FISH !!!!!!
Cheers mate, I enjoyed the day.
Note: our boat is called BLU - NOZE not BLU - NOSE
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday     leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2011, 12:46

talking to some of the charter skippers over the weekend they where saying the thornies are back in the river
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday     leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2011, 13:15

richie,,, its a team effort, it doesnt matter who catches,, your time will come , i know it.

Dave, thought you might have been out,,,only us small boats (no others from the wirral etc) and a few charters,,most of them ended up at Perch...if the thornies are back, thats about 6 weeks earlier than last year,,,weird or what..
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday     leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2011, 23:49

we decided to have a week off, one of the charters on saturday had codling and Thornie's and that was at about 12 O'Clock don't know how many they finished up with, all the welsh charters have gone back home so the river will be a lot quieter till Autumn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday     leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

leg 5 winter league tomorrow and sunday
Page 1 of 1