Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

trailer brake

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
b5rny

b5rny

trailer brake  Empty
PostSubject: trailer brake    trailer brake  Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 16:54

i have an Indespension trailer with a braking system = but the handbrake system is not used but still in position = I have looked at this and it is rusted through and of no use unless i bring it back into use....i have taken handbrake and bits off leaving just the rod/brake cable system in situ - do i have to take all of rod off ? any help most appreciated ....Berny Campbell
email - b5rny@aol.com affraid cheers
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

trailer brake  Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer brake    trailer brake  Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 17:47

barney, be carefully if you get pulled by plod you could be in *hit unless the brakes are working
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

trailer brake  Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer brake    trailer brake  Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 19:33

that was how i bought it i brakes disconnected ?
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

trailer brake  Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer brake    trailer brake  Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 19:34

now its just a towing trailer = isnt it
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

trailer brake  Empty
PostSubject: brakes   trailer brake  Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 20:02

Berny, if you have brakes on any trailer by law they Must work, you don't need a hand brake but the rod is the braking device it is not to hard to repair, if you want a hand give us a call. Tim
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

trailer brake  Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer brake    trailer brake  Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 21:40

thanks Tim its all their but some pieces are rusted through and need replacing , i will take the pieces to Liverpool Power baots as they are Indespension dealers and got a price or do you know another way....Barny
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

trailer brake  Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer brake    trailer brake  Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2010, 23:13

Barney, all the bits you'll need are available from this site, cheaper than Liverpool Power Boats and the parts normally arrive the next morning.
http://www.western-towing.co.uk/acatalog/Detachable_type_for_Knott_Brakes.html

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
keith g

keith g

trailer brake  Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer brake    trailer brake  Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2010, 07:44

Barney
we use Port Sunlight Trailers in Eastham, only 15 mins thru tunnel.. what they dont know about trailers is not worth knowing and cheap as well....dont go to power boats unless you have a mortgage....Port sunlight are brill and will quite often match other peoples prices (depending what that is)..we wouldnt use anyone else and have been using these guys for years....highly reccommended... Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

trailer brake  Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer brake    trailer brake  Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2010, 19:15

Thank you Martin and Kieth for helping ,this is what the website is about - will get a price off all dealers and do it that way , looked at Port Sunlight website and Western Towing both very helpful, every time i go to Liverpool Powerboats they have to order from someone else and as you say Kieth very expensive to deal with ....many thanks bounce scratch study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

trailer brake  Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer brake    trailer brake  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trailer brake
Page 1 of 1