Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

winter league round 1 this weekend

Go down 
+3
Martin
Tim S
keith g
7 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

winter league round 1 this weekend Empty
PostSubject: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 17:02

hi
for those that are fishing this weekend,great, it does look like both days are on so far anyway,, for those fishing Sat, call me 7pm friday night please too see all ok...fishing for 3 biggest whiting and 3 biggest cod only ...so get yourselves into gear and get out there and do some fishing for a change,,,you never know,, YOU JUST MIGHT ENJOY IT!!!!!
tight lines
keith Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Winter League     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 19:55

Thanks Keith,just to let you know that Martin and I will be fishing Saturday,we know we will enjoy it, see you Saturday. Tim cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 20:10

Alright Keith,

Me and Tim will be there on Saturday. Took in a fresh consiignment of our favourite, if not so secret, bait at the weekend and are raring to go!

Does anyone know whether there's been much showing in the river yet?

I know a few of our number have scarped off to the Wirral and Southport in recent years but it would be good if we could have a good turn out for a change, arrrhhh just like we used to in the old days...
... and I know we're in the middle of a recession and all that but I was going to suggest a pool of a couple of quid a man just for an added bit of interest... even if the winner only gets £6! :-) - that'll have Tim fishing with around 6 rods! Wink

Cheers
Martin
(Josam)
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2010, 20:47

I will be out Saturday with Phil see you at slipway Tim and anyone who knows me Sleep sunny
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 07:37

Martin
yes i think that would be a good idea £2.00 per boat...do you want winner on the day or the single biggest fish on the day? its up to you, i dont mind either..... it would be great too see more than 3 boats attending, after all ther are approx 6-7 boats in the club and the forecast is looking good so far.. Smile lets hope we all fish saturday and there are a few good fish caught.. Very Happy Very Happy everyone in the water for 7.50am for radio check please...
stay safe
keith Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 09:02

Keep it simple I think Keith, single biggest cod/codling
If no in-size cod are caught then we're rubbish, and we could give the prize to the winner on the day. - if there is one!

So it's £2 per boat then.

Good luck everyone and lets have a good turn out and hopefully good day out tomorrow.

Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 13:18

Martin
lets have £2.00 per man like they do on the beach.(funds to me before you launch please)..the biggest cod takes all. if no cod, the biggest whiting,, and if we all blank....we wll hold it over to the next winter league match,, or give it to the RNLI as we are such carp fishermen ....lets hope for a good day tomorrow,,,,,

and Mad ...COOKIE.!!!!!..... NO FISHING OUT OF BOUNDS OR YOU WILL BE RUN OVER BY THE FERRY!!!!! affraid theres enough flotsam in the river as it is Embarassed .....

Stay safe and see you all tomorrow with your £2.00 each.... Shocked ...
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 13:31

theres plenty of fish in the river you will need loadsa bait
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 17:34

hi dave

what are they and where are they? are they all insize? any particular bait?

keith silent
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 18:55

mackie has fished well, worm squid all the usual , we have had doggies, dabs,flounder, whiting, skate ,and cod to 3.5 pounds not a lot of cod but we fished after a lot of rain had passed through this weekend should be better than a week last monday the fish are all over but the place is stuffed with sprat
tight lines
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2010, 19:52

hi
tomorrow is ON ON ON,,,please be in the water for 7.50 am for radio check,,,,,,

dave, thanks for that,,i wonder if the cod will be feeding on sprats only..lets hope not,,,six boats fishing tomorrow (WOW) SO LETS HOPE FOR A GOOD DAY FOR ALL,,,
stay safe
keith pirat
Back to top Go down
expat

expat

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 10:21

Good to hear you lot are getting out, I've not been out for 4 weeks now due to the bloody wind, done a bit of shore diving instead though. Long weekend coming up so hopefully the weather gods will be kind
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Result winter league round 1 sat 16 october     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 17:27

Hi
six boats fished today, Kingfisher (col & keith) Josam (martin & tim) Jedi (col cooke & joe fitz) Dragonfly (phil ramsdale & barney) Sea Raider (roger & jimmy) and Hunter 2 ( steve, les & jay). Day was cold to start with but warmed up a bit later..lots of undersize fish and a few cod about also. most of the fish were feeding on sprats as dave (stormdancer) had advised..lots of dogs and plenty of good figure skate about also..everyone weighed in apart from hunter 2 ( who has taken cookies place at fishing out of bounds Embarassed ) who decided to stay out as the weather was so nice (dont blame him either). results were;
1st Kingfisher. 3 cod 3 whiting with 7lb 8oz = 12 points pirat
2nd Dragonfly, 2 cod 3 whiting with 6lb 0oz = 11 points
3rd Jedi, 1 cod 3 whiting with 2lb 7oz = 10 points
4th Sea Raider 0 cod 3 whiting with 1lb 11oz = 9 points
5th Josam 0 cod 3 whiting with 1lb8oz = 8 points

The pool (£2.00 per man) was taken by Dragonfly with a cod of 2lb 8 oz (hunter 2 still owing pools to barney)
good days fishing was had by all i think and a great day to be out..
thanks again to all who took part. lets hope we get the same number (or more ) of boats fishing the next few matches..
Tight lines
Keith pirat
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 19:44

well done lads, sounds like you had a good day
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 19:59

we where out on storm dancer 5 in all on board we had between 20 and 25 skate biggest was 10.5 pounds about 100 doggies whiting and one codling around 2.5 pounds, where out again tomorrow hoping the wind is not in the east like today and the cod are playing
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 20:53

thanks for that Keith will try to make most of the matches ,good day had by all ........
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Winter League     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2010, 19:38

Keith thanks for the first of the league, a great day out. Plenty of fish all day, but no cod for us,pool was a good idea as well, something to aim for also. As well as the fish:cheers: ,Tim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: winter league round 1 this weekend     winter league round 1 this weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

winter league round 1 this weekend
Page 1 of 1