Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

First Casting Tournament

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

First Casting Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Casting Tournament   First Casting Tournament Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 18:23

last time we had a casting cup only 6 turned up anyway. even the worst pairing would be 3rd!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Casting Tournament   First Casting Tournament Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 11:49

do not think that idea will go well with steve
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: First Casting Tournament   First Casting Tournament Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 11:18

thats not a bad idea but we would have to draw for partners, we could do this in our matches, might bring some interest?
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: re; First Casting Cup   First Casting Tournament Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2010, 10:24

Hi Dave
Perhaps it should be a pairs Cup and you could partner Steve Trish??????
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: First Casting Tournament   First Casting Tournament Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 18:45

hi steve, no you should not have a handicap for our casting cup but then again theres no point in me turning up, dont think i could hit 20 yards
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: casting   First Casting Tournament Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 18:41

Steve well done fantastic casting i tried years ago but nothing like that only on a field though. Anyway i am shore i have a casting video from the sea angler here if its any good let me know i will bring it in for you, again well done. Tim
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: First Casting Tournament   First Casting Tournament Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 08:26

Ok Mark, Tag along, its a good day out. Steve , how a bout i dont pendulum cast then, just cast normal and see what i hit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Casting Tournament   First Casting Tournament Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2010, 00:08

Well done Steve

Does this mean that you are given a handicap for our Casting Cup?

Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: First Casting Tournament   First Casting Tournament Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2010, 21:47

Big Well Done Ste
your a brave man going on your own,
if you go again and i can make it count me in buddy
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: First Casting Tournament   First Casting Tournament Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2010, 20:21

Went to my first casting event today. Felt nervous as hell. Been practising a bit and researching casting vids etc on various websites and felt like i was improving but not sure how much. Last time i measured a cast was the last time the club held the casting cup. I won that with a relatively short cast of 139.5 yards, using a pendlum cast that i had only attempted a couple of times.
Anyway decided to bite the bullet and go along to the event in cockerham by Lancaster. I'd been on the Nw surfcasting club's websight and got alll the info on what i would need. I decided to stay casting the 150 gram weight and so filled my reel with 0.31mm diameter hi-viz line toppped with a 80lb hi-viz leader.
As i said i was very nervous as i watched some of the lads casting and getting good distances. it was my turn and my first cast felt terrible and landed out of court at about 150 yards. Next cast was the same! Evil or Very Mad One of the organisers said i should slow down and relax a bit. Feeling i had nothing to lose, i did. My go again! i walked to the oche, swung the lead out and then back behind my head;llet it slow and then turned,slowly into it. Then finally hit it! the lead went away smooth and high but to the left. I put my rod on the rest and let the others cast. When everyone has cast, we all pick up our rods and walk, reeling in to where our leads are stuck in the ground. I was looking to see wheremine was and was pleased when i walked past the first mark(160 yards) more suprised when i past the 180 yard mark. And finaly, estatic, when i realised i had broken the 200 yard barrier! 202yards 2 foot and 11 inches to be precise. Made up! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Carried on all afternoon and had my share of snap offs due to the swirling winds but managed 5 casts over the 200 yard mark my best reaching 207-1-2. Was made to feel welcome and enjoyed the day. Best cast by the other lads was an astonishing 296 yards!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Casting Tournament   First Casting Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Casting Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sefton Sea Anglers :: General Discussion :: Fishy Talk-
Jump to: