Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

fishing the mersey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

fishing the mersey Empty
PostSubject: fishing the mersey   fishing the mersey Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 21:14

hi all,all the best for the newyear
been out today on stormdancer ronnie and myself and 3 of ronnies mates,locked out about 8ish came back in about 6-30,came out of the lock into a real p souper looked o.k. driving down the sea front was not untill we turned right when coming out of the lock that we relised we where in shit,anyway between the radar and the plotter we found the clock near the tunnel vents the fog cleared about 3-oclock and we had about half an hour of sunshine,the fishing started well 1 cod about 4 pound 2 about 3 .5 pounds followed by about 25 most to small to keep,6 oclock we decided to pull anchor and lock in when the bloody anchor got stuck round the prop, eventually we snapped the stainless steel chain and the anchor went to the bottom,if any body manages to lift it up when retrieving there own anchor i would willingly accept it back Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed , anyway we are going to have another go tommorrow i will keep you all posted
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

fishing the mersey Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing the mersey   fishing the mersey Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2009, 23:16

Warp around the prop, affraid Nasty
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

fishing the mersey Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing the mersey   fishing the mersey Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2009, 07:48

dave and ronnie
happy new year from simply white,, glad you got out, we thought about it but not in that pea souper.
we have a 7 kilo plough anchor if thats any good,,, just let me know,,,glad you caught some cod at least hope you have a better day today... Very Happy .how the hell did you get the anchor round the prop?
Back to top Go down
colin dreaves

colin dreaves

fishing the mersey Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing the mersey   fishing the mersey Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2009, 19:32

Glad you got back safely, as Keith as mentioned we do have a spare anchor a 7 kilo plough, if you want it i can bring it to the club for the next meeting,
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

fishing the mersey Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing the mersey   fishing the mersey Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2009, 20:44

cheers lads and thanks for the offer but 7 kilo is to light, tried a 7.5 kilo today and no joy, think 10 kilo will do, today was crap east wind rain and cold 3 small codling all day utter shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fishing the mersey Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing the mersey   fishing the mersey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fishing the mersey
Page 1 of 1