Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

angling trust

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mal b

mal b

angling trust Empty
PostSubject: Angling Trust   angling trust Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2009, 20:28

I agree with everything you say Ste I joined the AT when my membership for the NFSA ran out we do need a strong organisation to represent sea angling we can not do it on our own. Everyone should sign up at lest we will have someone in our corner to fight for our hobby.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

angling trust Empty
PostSubject: Re: angling trust   angling trust Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2009, 17:21

hello , i was a member of the nfsa and am now a member of the angling trust. Very few organisation, clubs federations etc are perfect but i would rather be in and have a say than be outside moaning Mad As with anything you get out what you put in. They are not asking for an extortionate amount of money, but need the members to make them credible
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

angling trust Empty
PostSubject: Re: angling trust   angling trust Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2009, 13:55

Dave
yes you are right he has changed the message.....well done.....maybe the time is right for all of us to join,,, we all need someone to stand up for us and maybe the Angling Trust is the way forward....after all we dont have any other alternative do we? Lets pay up and at least give mark a chance,,thats what i say and thats what i will do,,,put my money where my mouth is,,,lets hope others follow suit.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

angling trust Empty
PostSubject: Re: angling trust   angling trust Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2009, 13:40

keith you doubting thomas Laughing Laughing Laughing ive had an email from mark today apologising on the time its taken to alter the paragraph relating to fishing license, but i checked and he has done it as promised,so i have joined on line as i said in my email to him.i also used to be a personal member of the n.f.s.a but was not happy with some of the things they did or did not do. i think we need an organisation to look after our interests, mark made a promise and carried it through thats good enough for me
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

angling trust Empty
PostSubject: The Angling Trust   angling trust Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2009, 07:40

Dave
i thank mark for visiting us. specially as he came a long way,, i do agree we do have to have someone to defend our corner,,,HOWEVER,,, i am very suspicious about the License subject,. The AT website originally said it would resist it all costs,, now it doesnt,,,will resist until it can see a benefit for sea anglers....with people like John wilson and Keith Arthur on board, who agree we should pay a license i think if i join i am signing my own death warrant.. i have searched their site and cannot find exactly who makes up the AT.which committe is made up of which members? He did say he would get the wording on the website changed but i doubt that very much....I am not a subscriber to Boat Angling as i cant stand the mag, but Copello did put forward quite a few good points of which i agreed with..will wait and see if the wording gets changed and then make a decision....but a lot of us did subscribe to the NFSA as personal members so why shouldnt we sign up to the AT?....would like to hear other peoples point of view.....good meeting though....we need to do something and soon..
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

angling trust Empty
PostSubject: angling trust   angling trust Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2009, 17:20

after the meeting on monday night and the talk by mark lloyd from the angling trust i decided to join up on line, i think that as a sea angler i need an organisation to look after my long term interests,when i read the trusts manifesto i found that the paragraph on sea angling licenses still unchanged , mark did promise to change the wording to read that the angling trust was against licenses TOTALLY so i have sent him an email saying i will not join untill the paragragh is amended, i may be jumping the gun maybe he has not had chance but i do not think the wording of a manifesto would be changed by one man agreeing to it
dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

angling trust Empty
PostSubject: Re: angling trust   angling trust Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

angling trust
Page 1 of 1