Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
charlieb

ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Empty
PostSubject: fluff throwing   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2008, 22:50

matty fluff throwing as you call it is an art youve either got it or you aint i have you aint lol! lol! its good to watch and partisipate but now expensive us oaps can just manage a packet of lugworm Laughing ok cu all keep em coming afro
Back to top Go down
charlieb

PostSubject: old fishing rods   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2008, 22:40

i mite have seen that one ste was that the one he cracked you around the legs with wen you missed behaved Laughing seen the bruses Laughing yea the one we used was home made 2 piece wittled greenheart rock solid are memories go way back afro
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW!   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2008, 20:14

alright charlie, ask my dad about his old rod, its american oak about an inch thick at the end, like a washing line prop!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: learning curve   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2008, 14:19

charlie i am still using a greenhart rod and a bent pin for a hook bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
charlieb

PostSubject: wot learning curve   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2008, 14:04

hi chaps my first post lets put the cat amongst the pidgeons my learning curve started in school on the alex wall greenheart rod ( my mates grandads)8 oz lead and believe it or not a scarboro reel we had to side cast no other way with a scarboro with the result we were casting over everyone and we got fed up and were going to pack up and the next guy to us keep trying thats the way to learn so we did and im still casting over everyone Laughing who was it sed try try try again lol! cheers for now
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW!   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2008, 20:47

Great for the roach off Perch Rock! Laughing
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW!   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2008, 16:47

Some good photos posted,nice rainbow trout as well.Never had one that big.We fish the Alwyn most seasons,best there when the water level is right down.Spinning, float fishing and ledgering with worm.Never tried the fluff throwing,may have a go later in the year.

Steve,my secret weapon for next Saturday- size 24 hooks affraid our kid uses them all the time.Laughing
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW!   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2008, 13:20

Fair comment. To me match fishing is fun, as is fishing in general. Having good company is half of it, but its so much better when you are catching plenty cheers nice photos by the way
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW!   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2008, 08:33

i agree with you club matches are for fun more than serious comps, thats why it doesnt matter if we catch, just have fun and banter and we will hopefully get some more anglers on the beach cause theres always someone to laugh at Laughing
am looking forward to the next match for some relaxation and fun ( hopefully some fish too )
anyway you cant learn off me cause i know nothing jocolor
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW!   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2008, 00:19

Oh dear,
listen lads,how many times do I have to say it.We fish for FUN,the day when it gets serious and competitive is the day John and I lose interest and pack it all in.Yes we fish as many club matches as we can,but we are there to enjoy the fishing and the banter with everyone,if by chance we happen to win,then great,if not, we still enjoy it,even if we blank.I think thats the big difference between match men and pleasure anglers.To each his own.

Match fishing is not for me and never will be.Agree with the view that you never know it all, and can still learn off more experienced anglers,but how far do you want to take it. Shocked

Anyway I,m warming to this website bounce

roll on the 10th tongue
MG.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW!   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2008, 20:44

As mark said ,its a learning curve no one knows it all in this game and when you think that you do you stop catching!
Fishing the NWASAC matches has been a big learning curve for me and it opens your eyes to a lot of different tactics.
If anyone is catching and your not , getover there and find out why!
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: tips   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2008, 17:14

take all tips as they are useful .ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW!   ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ITS A LEARNING CURVE YOU KNOW!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sefton Sea Anglers :: General Discussion :: Fishy Talk-
Jump to: