Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

winter league match number 2

Go down 
+3
Martin
keith g
petep
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
petep

petep

winter league match number 2 Empty
PostSubject: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2013, 20:57

Sorry I couldn't make last nights meeting chaps - needs must plus spent a lot of time backwards and forwards to hospital!
Right looking at the weather for Saturday - its a bit early I know but northwesterlies 3mph and down to 1 with a bright day forcast, hopefully were are out and will be a good day. Don't know what was said last night @the meeting but I'm sure this is our 2nd league match for the winter???

Can anyone confirm please???

Pete
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2013, 07:55

Hi Pete.. hope all ok now re hospital...... yes it is round 2 and thanks for putting the mockers on saturday lol,, hopefully the weather will stay as your forcast.... lets hope,,,,king 
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2013, 10:16

I thought the old brain cells were letting me down again as I couldn't remember the 1st match, but remembered it was around my dear wife's birthday and it all came back to me... growing gonads and all that Very Happy  - it was blown off.

The forecast is still looking good for the weekend, so barring a sudden change in the forecast, we'll be there.

Martin and Tim (Josam)
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2013, 13:34

hi martin.. getting blown off on your wifes birthday! result as far as i am concerned lol cheers 
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2013, 18:38

Right boys,,,, Saturday tide is 2.09pm, so either we have a short match and come in at 1pm, or fish an extra hour and come in at 3pm,,,, can I have some votes please? thanks keith:king: 
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Satuday fishing   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2013, 19:38

Keith, not to put mockers on the weather thanks, i am pritty shaw Martin and i will vote for a later trip out Tim.sunny 
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2013, 07:22

by the way,, is anyone fishing sunday? keith
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2013, 11:34

Can't make Sunday due to another night out on Saturday.
I suggest we come in 2hrs after high, sunset, which is around 4:00, it only takes 10 minutes to get the boats out.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2013, 13:29

hi martin, i have to make sure that anyone fishing sunday has the same amount of hours as boats fishing the saturday....
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2013, 16:31

No probs Keith, appreciate that. - Being good honest lads, I'm sure anyone catching a lunker after 2:00 would own up! Basketball 

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2013, 17:48

Hi Keith,

I personally prefer Saturday to Fish including the Extra Hour... Not to sure what Pete is doing yet... i think it might depend on how
is foster daughter is doing.

Speak to your Friday.... just got back from C/P.

Cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2013, 18:28

Sorry for the late response on this Keith, been busy doing all my housework before the boss came home! :-)
but just to pick it up again, somewhat belatedly...
Ha, ha, very good.
Blown off on my wife's birthday??? no chance - not even on my birthday mate - been married 25 years now you know.
:-)
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2013, 19:29

Right boys,,, Saturdays match will be 8am until 3pm,,,back on the beach on a dropping tide...executive decision made,,cheers keith

Martin,, u really do have to remember where your gonads are,,,,, or were?  ah well never mind,, get back to the dishes lol!

Richie , speak to you tomorrow.. hope you passed your exam....Exclamation 
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Satuday fishing   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2013, 21:29

Keith, gonads what are they ?? got none either.
Any way re read the script we where talking about, hope you can remember Like a Star @ heaven 
Yes, he is still with us, now you will remember:lol!: 
See you Saturday, ps any spare lug ??
Tim.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2013, 07:45

hi tim, yes i do remember, he is still with us,,lol..only a couple mate, how many do you want?
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2013, 10:01

That's fine Keith, the first bowling alley is booked for 6:30, so plenty of time.
3 or 4 packets of your finest "Specially Selected" fresh organic worm should suffice I think Keith? It is buy one get one free isn't it? Smile 

... oh yeah, I already know what you're going to say...
- yes that's correct, they're £6 a packet! lol! 
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2013, 13:29

Hi Martin,, think i only have 2 packs left,,sorry:Crying or Very sad : will bring them @ £10 each:lol!:

Last edited by keith g on November 22nd 2013, 16:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2013, 16:59

Right boys, tomorrow is ON,,,, 2nd leg winter league, 3 biggest cod and whiting to the scales,, in water for 8am for radio check, don't forget your lifejackets etc. back on beach 3pm, channel 72,,, its gonna be a cold one so wrap up well, see you all in the morning..king  keith
Back to top Go down
petep

petep

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2013, 17:30

Hi Keith - as per our conversation earlier, Me Richie and Steve Mc (blu-noze) will be fishing tomorrow, unable to do Sunday...sorry

c u in that ther water around 730  cheers 

Pete
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Satuday fishing   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2013, 19:02

Keith, how about 4packs, please, Tim:lol: 
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2013, 20:33

pete, nice one, see you all tomorrow,, I only asked if anyone was fishing sunday? we are not, we are only fishing sat,,,,

Tim,, sorry mate, only 2 left Crying or Very sad  will bring them tomorrow ,,,,, see you all in the morning king 
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2013, 06:44

Enjoy fellas, some good cod showing , Billy Van Geffen had a 6 pounder at otterspool on Wednesday, I heard.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2013, 20:44

how did you get on lads, any good fish come out
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2013, 10:33

Alright Steve,
No doubt Keith will do a full report when he gets a chance but the fishing was a bit hit and miss all day.
It was a perfect day to be out on the river mind, with light winds and flat calm sea but the cod were few and far between.
We had two keepers of only around 3.5lb and lots of tiny baby codling coming out along with some decent whiting.
Stevie Bates won the pool with a 4.4lb codling and the match with 3 codling and 3 whiting Hunter II - well done Stevie and thanks to Keith for organising the trip.

We could have been in the money ourselves - although I do think Tim needs to be commended for putting the interests of conservation ahead of personal gain... he let two very decent fish go virtually at the side of the boat Crying or Very sad 
Sorry Tim... did I say I wasn't going to tell anyone???lol! 

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2013, 18:24

Hi boys,, well 5 boats fished, blu noze, josam, kingfisher, hunter2 and late entrant jedi..weather cold but hardly any wind.. arrived 7.15am to find another club was there already so parking was at a premium,, kingfisher had a slight problem first off but was sorted within 10 mins,,off we all went at 8am, some to the rocks, some to clock tower and some to pluckington..Jedi arrived 30 minutes after everyone else as per usual,,fishing was slow to say the least,,, there was at least 15 small boats out and 7 charter boats,,, there were whiting but nothing like 2 weeks before,, cod were hard to come by also,,, we were all struggling all day,, back in at 3pm, ,at the end of the day Josam had to be towed in less than 50 yards from shore as he had lost all electrics on the boat,, ( plus it made him exaggerate his catch of cod bigtime !! ) we all got in safe and sound which is the most important,, results were as follows;
1st, Hunter 2,,biggest cod 4.4lb with total weight of 3 cod and 3 whiting of 11lb 14ozs,,, 12 points to steve and gary,
2nd Kingfisher, biggest cod 2.9lb, with total weight of 2 cod and 3 whiting for 7lb exactly,, 11 points
3rd Josam, biggest cod 2.o4lb ( not 3.5lb as he wished!!! ) for a total of 6.01lb , 10 points
4th Blu noze, biggest cod 2.02lb, total 5.5lb, 9 points,
5th Jedi with 3 whiting for 2,8lb. 8 points
all in all a good day out, not as good as 2 weeks before but at least we were out.. thanks to all who attended. king its most appreciated. keith
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: winter league match number 2   winter league match number 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

winter league match number 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next