Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin

Martin

trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub Empty
PostSubject: Re: trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub   trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2013, 10:51

Going by last weekends return, it looks like we're going to have to fish where the trawler can't, to get any decents catches.
Between the windmills will become a top mark for small boats I'm sure as it provides a safe haven for small fish and predators alike, you just can't anchor there or within 100 metres of the outside perimeter.
I know there's Bass there but next time out I might even take a spinning rod and float to see if there's any pollock around, might even get Black Bream in the summer? - they were catching them off Rhyl last year!

Also between the training wall and the shipping channel should provide fish of course.

While I think on, did anyone notice how clear the water was even in the river last weekend? Even over by the clock we could see the anchor rope for several metres below the water, which has got to be a good thing, wouldn't be surprised if Mackerel don't begin making an appearance in the river this summer - I actually saw a Salmon jumping by the Pier Head about 6 years ago - and no, I haven't be taking any narcotics, before you ask! :-)

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Trawler fishing 50yds from beach   trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2013, 10:14

Thanks for trying anyway.
I just dont understand how it can be legal to trawl so close to land.
No wonder there was a lack of fish last weekend.
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub   trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2013, 18:01

cheers Keith expected that outcome but worth a try mate
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub   trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2013, 09:48

Hi
rang IFCA and spoke to north west fisheries officer re above,, there is nothing illegal in what the trawler was doing. the only thing they can do is to check that the mesh size he was using is legal or not,,,,i did point out how far up the river and how close he was to the beach,, he was not doing anything wrong! unbelievable,,,, and we wonder why there are less fish in the river...now we know why,,,, sorry boys Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub   trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trawler fishing 50 yards from beehive pub
Page 1 of 1