Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

New toys! Here at last

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

New toys! Here at last Empty
PostSubject: Re: New toys! Here at last   New toys! Here at last Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2012, 10:03

Tried out one of my new reels last night. It's a penn affinity 8000 LC. It was loaded with 0.31mm (12lb) daiwa tournament line and a varivas tapered leader and fitted to a greys triplex 16ft fixed spool rod. I was casting 5oz leads on 2 hook flappers. It cast well with its coned spool and excellent line lay. It's retrieve was very good , smoth as silk. The bail arm clicks into place with a satisfying click. All in all it seems a really nice reel. Lets see what it's like after a season of hard fishing. Big thank you to penn, sea angler magazine and Sefton sac, for giving me the opportunity to win these reels.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: New toys! Here at last   New toys! Here at last Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 10:57

I've got 6 fixed spools now , I use both , horses for courses!
Back to top Go down
w.ullathorne

w.ullathorne

PostSubject: fixed spools    New toys! Here at last Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2012, 03:45

hey Ste fixed spools are no good for you ,
there what i use,
are they any good ?
sell them to the club i might win one in the raffle ha ha
see you sunday
ps its quater to four in the morning now Im on nights If i was,nt typing this i would be falling asleep
Back to top Go down
http://w.ullathorne
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: New toys! Here at last   New toys! Here at last Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2012, 18:23

Just received two penn affinity 8000 fixed spools from pure fishing. Prizes from last years 3rd place in the penn clubmans league. Out tomorrow to try them out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New toys! Here at last   New toys! Here at last Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New toys! Here at last
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sefton Sea Anglers :: General Discussion :: Fishy Talk-
Jump to: