Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

summer league match sat/sunday 26/27 july 08

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

summer league match sat/sunday 26/27 july 08 Empty
PostSubject: summer league match sat/sunday 26/27 july 08   summer league match sat/sunday 26/27 july 08 Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2008, 17:15

me and colin fished sat 26th july,launched 8am and went to find mackeral.....went looking,and looking,and looking....... Crying or Very sad eventually colin found seven and i found none Sad then went to rough ground and had quite a good day,,colin opened his account with a 10 pund tope,then proceeded to hook into one of the largest tope i have seen for ages.... Very Happy it wouldnt fit in the net and was probably too big to get in the boat anyway,estimate at least 35 pound if not bigger. Unhooked in water as we didnt want to damage the fish.....then went to bass mark,a few dabs ,gurnards and i caught another small starry smoothound.....we finished the day on 10 species all told,,,will give an up to date report at the meeting tonite...very good day,lots of sun and warm weather makes a boy feel alive again...back in for 3pm but to be honest i just wanted to stay out......isnt life wonderful when you do something as simple as fishing on your own boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: At last!!!!!   summer league match sat/sunday 26/27 july 08 Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2008, 12:01

Welcome to the forum Keith.
Glad to see Ronnie sorted out your problem.
Lets hope we have some more contributions from both you and other members.
Ronnie and I were out on Sunday, weather good until later on when it became lumpy. We caught a dozen mackerel, 1 smoothound, 1 dab, 3 whiting and 1 gurnard [not sure which type]. Not really a prolific day but at least we were out fishing at last. cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: summer league match sat/sunday 26/27 july 08   summer league match sat/sunday 26/27 july 08 Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2008, 20:10

steve
thanks to ronnie again for sorting my sign in.........top marks to him,,,,, Very Happy he fished both the saturday and the sunday which i dont think many of us could get away with lol! (well i could but i dont know anyone else apart from ronnie who could)...

it was nice for everyone to be out after such crap weather all summer..a few lads had engine probs again which is a pity..just re enforces the fact that we always try to go out together and not on our own for this reason....thanks to lee jay for assisting sea raider,,,,(also to Flyer on sat for assisting Hunter 2)
The only alarming point was the severe lack of mackerel.. Exclamation where are they Question
anyway,the results so far are as follows;
1st Simply White with 12 species
2nd Lee Jay with 7 species
3rd Sea Raider with 7 species (to be confirmed)
4th Invader with 5 species
5th Hunter 2 wth 4 species
6th Josam with 3 species
next boat match sat/sunday august 9th/10 launching 7am New Brighton Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: summer league match sat/sunday 26/27 july 08   summer league match sat/sunday 26/27 july 08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

summer league match sat/sunday 26/27 july 08
Page 1 of 1