Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

tuesday and wednesday 7 and 8 august 2012

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

tuesday and wednesday 7 and 8 august 2012 Empty
PostSubject: tuesday and wednesday 7 and 8 august 2012    tuesday and wednesday 7 and 8 august 2012 Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2012, 21:37

hi,, had 2 trips on both tuesday and wednesday 7th and 8th august,,,willl give wednesday report first ( for reasons that will appear later).. Wed. me and ritchie launched new brighton 7.45am on Blu Noze,, very very misty, couldnt see windmills from rock channel,,, so back to inside rock channel, ritchie 1st drop on crab, starry hound about 10lb.very nice fish indeed... made way out to windfarm about 11am,, still very foggy,, then out to rough ground about 12.15pm,, loads of good bull huss, dogs, dabs, scad, whiting, mackeral, and tub gurnards. a good day but cut short by the fog,, back in for 4pm...
tuesday 7th august, me and pete plaskett on Kingfisher and Ralph and Les Trish on Seeker5 launched from new brighton,,straight to rough ground,, object of the day? get pete a tope as he had never ever landed one!,,,again, loads of species, about 9 in all... we moved 50 yards after being pestered with dogfish,, seeker tried 2 other marks close by, but came back to rough ground after about 2 hours..about 1.30pm.. pete on kingfisher gets a real proper tope run,,line streaming off reel, was down to the backing before he could gain any line at al!,, he played the fish well, took about 10 minutes to get to side of boat ( along with all the other lines as well ) saw straight away it was a big fish,,we manged to boat it eventually.. pete jumping up and down as its his 1st ever tope boated..we measured it as was far too big to weigh,,,we think its again a new club record ( beating mine by 2lb b*stard! ) will submit claim at next meeting,,,thanks to Ralph and Les for the company,, but most important,, congrats to Pete Plaskett who has put to bed a 20 year hoodoo of never catching a tope ( told you pete i would get you one ! this is now petes 3rd Personal Best whilst being out on Kingfisher with me!),, sorry ritchie i couldnt put you on the fish( big tope ) the following day..2 great days out with great company both days...what small boat fishing is all about...you get the weather so you have to go....final comment,,, great to see Les and Ralph out on the boat again,, only wish Les was going to ireland with us in 4 weeks.. and ralph does to !!!!!!!!!! pirat
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: tuesday and wednesday 7 and 8 august 2012    tuesday and wednesday 7 and 8 august 2012 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 17:21

Sounds like two good sessions there Keith, well done.
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Keith gray's fishing tours    tuesday and wednesday 7 and 8 august 2012 Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 12:35

Cant really add to Keith's comment's only that he's taking bookings for the winter/cod season at reasonable rates,
No seriously - great day with great company and keiths/colins boat is being lucky at the moment for pb's for myself - long may it continue!!!!!!, - thanks again Keith

Pete Plaskett (Blu-Noze) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tuesday and wednesday 7 and 8 august 2012    tuesday and wednesday 7 and 8 august 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tuesday and wednesday 7 and 8 august 2012
Page 1 of 1