Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

cod cup this saturday only

Go down 
+3
Tim S
Dave
keith g
7 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

cod cup this saturday only Empty
PostSubject: cod cup this saturday only    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2012, 22:21

hi boys girls, trannies, trolls, weirdos ,zombies ,batesey. and tim,last match of the season,, this saturday only,, the Cod Cup..biggest single Cod only.. everyone has an equal chance in this one off only match,, lets hope the weather gods are good and that more than 3 boats attend! would be appreciated by me if thats ok,, if you are going to attend please let me know asap,, fishing 8am till 2pm.. tight lines.. keith king
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: cod cup this saturday only    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2012, 13:36

i would love to fish it but its to nice here to come home 26 deg. yesterday
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: cod cup this saturday only    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2012, 17:22

hi dave, hope you are enjoying the heat,,,better off there than here ..
,. looks like only me and colin on Kingfisher are fishing if its on... no - one else seems bothered Question ah well.. you cant force people to fish if they dont want to.... wonder why i bother sometimes.....
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Saturday    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2012, 22:01

Hi Keith as you know we cant make the saturday fishing but good luck to all who turn up i am gutted tight lines to all, Tim & Martin. Crying or Very sad
PS anyone out there want a crew let me know soon, Tim Sad
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Cod Cup this Sat.    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2012, 10:59

Might surprise you Keith baby!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: cod cup this saturday only    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2012, 13:30

i hope so steve i really do..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: cod cup    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2012, 18:11

Keith - u know blunoze will be there as ever, family guy on the beer 2day but should be available, that makes 2 of us!!! lol!
see u at the barn 1st thing weather permitting (looks like 5mph winds wswerlies 4 tomorrow)
Pete P
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Cod Cup tomorow    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2012, 18:22

hi boys,,,, tomorrow is ON ON ON ,,,, Biggest single Cod only, fish 8am till 2 pm,, in water for 7.55am please for radio check channel 74...lets hope its a good day,, tight lines.. keith king
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: cod cup this saturday only    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2012, 22:52

good luck lads, there are still cod in the river, a few coming out at vale park over lw
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Result Cod Cup Saturday 17th March 2012...    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2012, 16:22

Hi,, 5 boats attended, Kingfisher,Blu Noze,Jedi,Sea Raider and Hunter2..Arrived 7.30 am too see a small trawler with his nets in the water at the base of New Brighton beach,(,if they trawl this close inshore the fish dont stand a chance)..for a change the river was like glass,, we could have gone anywhere, offshore etc ( some of wish we had of done) ,, strange day really, sun, wind, hailstones and a weird rainbow.. places fished were Clock tower,echo arena, wirral side,seaforth rocks and radar tower..
fishing was slow to say the least,,the sum total of all the fish caught between 5 boats was 1 cod insize, 2 undersize, 2 skate, 1 dogfish and a dab,,Although Steve on Hunter2 attended he could not fish the comp as he had a guest on board, his mate Gary,,, who proceeded to land a Skate of about 11.5lb at seaforth rocks bang on low water, which was returned to fight another day,,, well in Gary, nice fish and glad you returned it..all in all a lovely day to be out, ok the fishing wasnt brill but after the crap winter league we have had it was just nice to be out,,,,personal thanks from me to all who attended not only the Cod Cup but the Winter League as well...thanks for your support... oh yes, I won the Cod Cup with a fish of 3.3lb,, sorry Andy,,,but you have to be in it to win it....,,,,,AND NOW THE SAD BIT....on our retrieval at approx 2pm, we walked up the beach to be horrified to find 5 skate, all dewinged and left on the beach to rot,,let me state this quite clearly and in plain english,,,NO ONE FROM SEFTON SEA ANGLERS WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DISGUSTING SIGHT!!!! the carcasses were already on the beach when we got there,,,a certain member of another site (WSF )seems to think he knows who is responsible,,,if he does he should name and shame,, or.. IF he DOES NOT HAVE 100% PROOF of who did it, then he should either retract the thread or hang his head in shame,,, i dont think he will do either.. having a Forum is great and i am a great believer in free speech,,, but i have also witnessed the other side of it, where individuals and even other clubs have been slated on line with NO PROOF..people have actally been invilved in Litigation and have been sued for things said about then online which were proved to be false. please take note all who use these forums...... i have posted on the WSF site that NO-ONE from SEFTON SEA ANGLERS was responsible,, indeed, if anyone in this club EVER took part in anything like this, they would be banned immediatley by the whole club. not just the committe..and so they should be.. no real angler,beach, boat or dinghy should ever be involved in dumping these carcasses on a beach,,thats if they are a TRUE angler...... Rant Over..... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: cod cup this saturday only    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2012, 18:50

Well done boys in getting out, and well done on the cod cup Keith. Those carcasses should have been disposed of properly and not left on view of the public , bad advert for angling all around Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Cod Cup and last Saturday    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 12:01

Firstly congratulations to Keith on winning the Cod Cup.

With regard to the skate carcasses I have posted this message on the wirral sea fishing site:-

I was one of the five Sefton Small Boats out on Saturdfay. I feel that I must make the position of our Club absolutely clear.
Our Constitution states that we " encourage the Conservation of fish and the protection of the Environment."
Our members are fully aware of this and actively return fish, unless for the table, and would NEVER leave carcasses on the beach.
We are aware of the sensitivity of this topic and wish to make it absolutely clear that NONE of our Boats on Saturday discarded any fish carcasses on the beach.
I must add that if anyone makes any spurious accusations against our members we will vigourously defend them.
Steve
Chairman Sefton Sea Anglers.
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: cod cup this saturday only    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 19:29

if there was a trawler fishing when you got there maybe he threw the carcases overboard and thats how they landed on the beach....possible Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cod cup this saturday only    cod cup this saturday only Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cod cup this saturday only
Page 1 of 1