Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

fishing tomorrow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

fishing tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: fishing tomorrow   fishing tomorrow Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2012, 14:13

we are fishing over high water tomorrow, lock out 2 hours before lock back in 2 hours after, used to do it years ago we have had up to 35 coddling on a 10.5 meter tide fishing 3 to 4 hours,ideal for you fish starved small boat anglers, anyone who is out will get us on channel 10
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

fishing tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing tomorrow   fishing tomorrow Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2012, 19:44

Dave and Ronnie.. go for it,, i am dead jealous.. wish we could fish the big tides... fill your boots mate,, good luck,, let us know how you get on... keith
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

fishing tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing tomorrow   fishing tomorrow Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2012, 21:44

nothing stopping you keith i used to do it in my old invader
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

fishing tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing tomorrow   fishing tomorrow Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 19:11

not a good day very rough sea strong south east wind loads of weed whiting and dabs only shit day
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

fishing tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing tomorrow   fishing tomorrow Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 23:00

was that just over high water Dave ?
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

fishing tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing tomorrow   fishing tomorrow Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 23:15

hi b5rny, we locked out about 12-30 locked in about 3-45 total of 3 1/4 hours
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

fishing tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing tomorrow   fishing tomorrow Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 23:31

no codling about and whiting leaving any rays caught
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

fishing tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing tomorrow   fishing tomorrow Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 07:44

hi Dave,, would never launch and fish the river in that big a tide for safety reasons,, cant believe you ever did! as you say, rough and lumpy,, imagine what it would have been like in a 16 footer,, no thanks dave,, i want to go fishing, but not when it could be dangerous,,,, in that size tide we could never retrieve until it dropped ,,,if it was rough for you it would have been dangerous for us.....safety first as always,,,,,, keith..
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

fishing tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing tomorrow   fishing tomorrow Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 10:09

i agree on a small boat you have to watch the weather but you can fish it in safety you do have to up anchor before the tide gets into full force but tis not a problem have confidence in yourself and yer boat i would not have suggested it if it was dangerous
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

fishing tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing tomorrow   fishing tomorrow Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 13:08

hi dave,, i do have the confidence, but i just think anchoring in the river on such a big tide is asking for trouble,, i would happily lauch and fish outside the mouth of the river but not in it,, the tide flow for me personally would be too dangerous,, the bigger boats ( like your and ronnies ) can get away with it,,,, ours wouldnt,,,, if the weather did blow up, we have no way of retrieving the boat at new brighton untill the tide drops,,, that may be too late if the weather gets really bad...if we has a slip where we could launch any state of the tide, yippee,, we could do it,,, alas we havent, so we dont,,,,wish we did have,, it wouldnt half make life a lot easier for all of us...but at least you got out and tried,,,more than we did.... king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fishing tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing tomorrow   fishing tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fishing tomorrow
Page 1 of 1