Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Waterproof Jacket.

Go down 
+3
ste trish
b5rny
Alan Green
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Green

Alan Green

Waterproof Jacket. Empty
PostSubject: Waterproof Jacket.   Waterproof Jacket. Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2011, 12:11

OK All,
Any ideas on good waterproof jackets, got a mustad jacket but i found out, its crap.
Thanks for the away day,it was hard but good.
Alan.
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

Waterproof Jacket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Jacket.   Waterproof Jacket. Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2011, 14:21

try greys jackets and salopes - a lot of the charter lads use them expensive but good - gerrys of morecambe will do a deal ...berny Basketball
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Waterproof Jacket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Jacket.   Waterproof Jacket. Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2011, 20:33

I,ve had mustad, afaw, and have got the greys. Dont rate any of them. My next ones will be the titan or snowbee. cheers.Ste.
Back to top Go down
benh

Waterproof Jacket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Jacket.   Waterproof Jacket. Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2011, 21:02

my dad has got one of the titan ones and he says it's spot on, i have got one of the greys but like ste,i dont rate them at all Wink
Back to top Go down
Dids

Dids

Waterproof Jacket. Empty
PostSubject: Waterproof   Waterproof Jacket. Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2011, 07:48

Best waterproof jacket you are going to get are not the one designed to fish with as they are not breathable enough and become wet on the inside and feel like the water come through.
I personnally use a walking jacket (North Face) and have done so for many years. Always dry and to keep warm in winter I use a thick fleece and thermal under it. I would recommend Goretex or E-vent jacket in the sale at Go outdoors or TK-Max or if you want the best as use by Mountain Rescue teams Paramo Jacket £200 + Twisted Evil but they are warm, waterproof and because they don't use a membrane to keep waterproof if you stick a hook in it you can repair it brill... Very Happy
Alternatively use a brolly lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluetoad.fsnet.co.uk
benh

Waterproof Jacket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Jacket.   Waterproof Jacket. Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2011, 18:23

Dids wrote:
Best waterproof jacket you are going to get are not the one designed to fish with as they are not breathable enough and become wet on the inside and feel like the water come through.
I personnally use a walking jacket (North Face) and have done so for many years. Always dry and to keep warm in winter I use a thick fleece and thermal under it. I would recommend Goretex or E-vent jacket in the sale at Go outdoors or TK-Max or if you want the best as use by Mountain Rescue teams Paramo Jacket £200 + Twisted Evil but they are warm, waterproof and because they don't use a membrane to keep waterproof if you stick a hook in it you can repair it brill... Very Happy
Alternatively use a brolly lol!

at £200 + its defo a brolly for me Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol
Back to top Go down
charlieb

Waterproof Jacket. Empty
PostSubject: jacket   Waterproof Jacket. Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2011, 23:03

hi al i have a greys jacket with the zip in centre nice looking jacket thats why i got it but was i dissapointed when it rained it soaked rain like a sponge in a high wind the windproof qualities were non existed (polyester lining ) i wear a fleece underneath to keep warm going to spray water repelent spray on it see if it makes any difference if not its back to a plastic golf jacket (xxlL) fits over everything (last resort) check out other suits which other anglers are using that should give you a very broad spectrum to go on err on caution al £70 for something thats not up to what they make out is down the drain good luck on your quest (thats on the tele at 5 oclock ) cheers al
Back to top Go down
Alan Green

Alan Green

Waterproof Jacket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Jacket.   Waterproof Jacket. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2011, 15:16

Thanks, see you Sunday.
Alan
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Waterproof Jacket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Jacket.   Waterproof Jacket. Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2011, 21:20

I have a n anyfish anywhere suit,
its not great though
I just dry off when i get home Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Waterproof Jacket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waterproof Jacket.   Waterproof Jacket. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waterproof Jacket.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sefton Sea Anglers :: Chatterbox :: Forthcoming outings Beach, charter boats, small boats,-
Jump to: