Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Rumours of my demise....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin

Martin

Rumours of my demise.... Empty
PostSubject: Rumours of my demise....   Rumours of my demise.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2011, 16:24

Hello chaps, long time no see and all that!

What can I say, engine problems, self employment, or should that be un-employment?? Anyway thanks for the Xmas wishes guys and sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm sure Tim has informed some of you that I've recently invested in a "new" engine and it's now installed and all connected up (thanks for your help on the day Tim - you're a star and I hope your back is a bit better now Embarassed)

I got the engine from ebay, which is always a bit of a leap of faith, but I went down to South Wales to pick it up and it looked really clean, and although I committed the cardinal sin of buying without seeing it running, I had a good feeling about the fella I was buying it off and handed over the ready's.

Anyway once the engine was installed on the boat, I put the muffs on and everything fired up and seemed to work as it should, so fingers crossed.
The engine is a 60hp 2stroke Mercury with oil injection and power tilt and trim and is about the same age as my boat, so they're well matched.
So chaps just a few tweaks to sort out then Tim and I will once more enter the fray and are looking forward to crossing swords (well rods) with you again in some friendly but competitive fishing.
- Get the squid ordered Tim!!!

Tight lines
Martin

Rumours of my demise.... Img_1210]

PS. I'm so proud of the fine finish on the engine I decided to buy a cover to protect it from the harsh sun and rain of Runcorn.
I bought this one yesterday, from ebay, for just £11 inc free p&p and it came today. It's made out of really good quality material so I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who leaves their engine out in the elements. See the link below.

Rumours of my demise.... Engine10

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outboard-engine-cover-Ski-speedboat-50-100-hp-66033-/350440475759?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2590407467332213437]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outboard-engine-cover-Ski-speedboat-50-100-hp-66033-/350440475759?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2590407467332213437

Last edited by Martin on September 6th 2011, 21:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: What an engine   Rumours of my demise.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2011, 20:07

Hi mate yes the back is better now,5days later and many pain killers, the squid is on order just say when, the boat looks great it should slip through the water now. Tim. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
colin dreaves

colin dreaves

PostSubject: Re: Rumours of my demise....   Rumours of my demise.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2011, 14:10

Hello Martin, engine looks good, even the boat looks like it has had a spit & polish hope you can get up and running on the open water for the winter season or even the next match at the end of sept for the last of the summer league even if it is just a question of trying out the engine
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Rumours of my demise....   Rumours of my demise.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2011, 20:15

Hi Col,

Thought you'd be in Ireland now mate?
yeah we should be able to make an appearence at the end of Sept, and you're right the boat had a quick tart up - it needed it too!
Just need to fit a piece of marine ply to the top of the console, to cover the hole where the old remotes where, and rewire/fit the electrics and bob's your auntie!

Cheers
Martin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumours of my demise....   Rumours of my demise.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumours of my demise....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sefton Sea Anglers :: Small Boat Fishing :: Experiences on a Small Boat-
Jump to: