Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

JUST FOR FUN .

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jamie316

jamie316

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2011, 20:22

I was going to go and fish a boat comp at the mannin angling club today but got a call off Camron to tell me it was too rough !!!!, well i went out any way on my own boat bones to see if i could catch fresh Mackie in ordert to freeze down for the winter . The sea was a little lumpy but the waether on the whole was terrific ,sun shining and although the wind was from the east I did not think it was blowing too bad although the only other fishing boat to venture out did so for 1/2 an hour and then darted back in to port .

Any JUST FOR FUN . Image0144way Mackie was my main target for this little session and although they did not come thick and fast they came at a steady rate . It was made harder by the fact that it was hunt ,hunt hunt all the way for the mackie ,no one drift was the same or productive so i was acctually having to fish for them .
With having to vary the drifts at the start of one of them the tackle had just reached the bottom when i got the distinctive rattle of cod .I had this for the next four drift starts and although all cod were of a keepable size i put them all back to fight another day .With one of the cod though came two very nice and much larger mackie which with another two jockeys have come home to make me a nice meal .
JUST FOR FUN . Image0139
My mackie for tea .
JUST FOR FUN . Image0147
Along with some launce i had the added bonus of catching a small Grey gurnard aswell which rounded off a fun little session at the back of douglas head ,with that i had to call time in order to get back into harbour before the flap gate came up and get all my mackie filleted .
The little grey gurnard

JUST FOR FUN . Image0140
Jamie316.
Back to top Go down
http://www.manxboatfishing.forumsmotion.com
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Just for fun   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2011, 16:13

At least you got what you were after albeit not in the numbers expected.
Gary and I went out on Saturday hoping to have a good days Bass fishing with fresh peeler crab.
On Taylors Bank we tried fresh peeler and instead of Bass had smoothounds.
Moved over to the other side of the channel to try on the banks but the wind became strong before the weather predictions said and we had to move inshore to get some protection. Caught a nice plaice and two schoolies before returning to the Banks as the wind dropped. we then caught both starry and smoothies and a couple of two pounders which were returned, dabs and one thornback before returning to New Brighton. A bit dissappointed as the weather was not as predicted and we didnt contact the larger Bass. Also we noticed a red hull boat trawling with its beams out in the rick channel anyone any info about this boat.
Back to top Go down
jamie316

jamie316

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2011, 17:00

bad luck on not getting your true target of the day but at least it sounds as if you had plenty of veriety though ,nice that the wind died down for you a bit so you could get back to your prefered spot .what would you expect the trawler to catch in that area of water ??,apart from the obvious of anything and every thing of course . Do you think that they are after the bass or what ??

Jamie316.
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Just for Fun   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2011, 16:45

Probably Bass, sole, plaice, turbot{ as that area was well known for them } may have also picked dabs somothounds rays and god knows what else.
Only way to find out would have been to ask???? Steve and Les Trish would probably have more idea.
Steve
Back to top Go down
jamie316

jamie316

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2011, 18:55

Thanks for the info steve

Jamie316.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2011, 21:35

I'd say they are probably after plaice if they were trawling there , but dont think they would turn their nose up at any bass Rolling Eyes well done on the fish lads
Back to top Go down
jamie316

jamie316

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2011, 16:38

Thanks both of you for the info ,the next time Emmo sets us on the wrong course on the GPS we may end up fishing in that area Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Laughing

jamie316.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2011, 21:22

Get there double fast on a jet ski! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jamie316

jamie316

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2011, 22:11

JUST FOR FUN . ClapsJUST FOR FUN . 1lg018roflJUST FOR FUN . Animated-Devil

Jamie316
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2011, 22:09

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JUST FOR FUN .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sefton Sea Anglers :: Small Boat Fishing :: Experiences on a Small Boat-
Jump to: