Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jamie316

jamie316

WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11. Empty
PostSubject: WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11.   WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11. Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2011, 20:45

by Admin Today at 20:22

.Well all was well saturday morning ,set sail out of Douglas harbour to head north top the Kings Williams Bank mark in search of dabs and weavers .Capt emery punched in the co/ords for the mark ,but i did comment at the time that the wrong mark came up ,but was over ruled and so we set sail . At the northern most point of the island ,skip said take over the driving whilst he got to grips with cooking the bacon butties . bacon was cooked just as we arrived at the mark to which i was met with where the "F " are we 300foot of water was the give away that we were nowhere near to where we should have been ,not hardly we were a full 16 miles from where we should have been .

We were however very close to the BEN VEG wreck so we had a quick try there and picked up three trebles of coalfish each ,more luck than judgement as the tide was really ripping through there .Skip made the decision to head for where we should have been and 16 miles later we arrived and started to fish on the drift ,depth now 30ft going down to a max of 70ft (big difference eh) ,well on this drift i got a Dab but nothing else showed .WE anchored up then but we felt bthe depth of water was not to our liking so we moved once more to shallower water which proved more productive .
Cam with a dab
WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11. Image0102

Cam was hauling a steady flow of dabs and Micheal was following suit ,bites and nibbles were abundant but the fish dried up , so the decision was made to head back towards Douglas to a mark just off laxey . The anchor waqs once more dropped and we must have hit onto doggie central as both Cam and Micheal both reached double figures although the largest do of the day went to yours truley although i did not catch that many (3).It had been decided at the start of this Marathon that it was a species hunt day and by this time Cam had declaired himself out of this comp as he did not waqnt to get in volved with the bitter rivalry between Micheal and i.
Micheal with a dab
WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11. Image0101
With having only three species each by this time it seemed as if the draw was on once more ,micheal then brought in a small whiting gto make the score 4-3 ,he then tried to claim another whiting was a poor cod at which even cam told him to F .OFF ,getting close to the end of play and several changes of rigs by me from 3 hook spoon rigs to 3hook floating bead rigs to finally a small shrimp rig with various baits on i managed a small whiting to make the draw once more .
Cam with a small plaice
WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11. Image0100
Not the best species day we have ever had but with Cam getting into double figures with both Dabs and doggies and Micheal not a million miles away with the same figures ,i however catching the least number of fish but the largest of all 4 species caught on the day .

Fortunatly we could see our way back to douglas even though the light was fading fast by now as if we had let Micheal plot our course back heaven only knows where we could have ended up ,not many pics of the day other than some nice ones for Micheal of the Scottish coast as we had at one point been only 7 miles off their coast .

Jamie316.
Back to top Go down
http://www.manxboatfishing.forumsmotion.com
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11.   WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11. Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2011, 21:36

Ja, tell Mike to stick to the shore fishing( especially around Otterespool, he does well there!) Pass on my regards. Steve Trish.
Back to top Go down
jamie316

jamie316

PostSubject: Re: WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11.   WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11. Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2011, 21:50

I will ,but just like yesterday ,he will take no bloomin notice WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11. 1lg018rofl

Jamie316
Back to top Go down
http://www.manxboatfishing.forumsmotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11.   WHERE ARE YOU NOW KIRSTY 111 ,29.01.11. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1