Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight 9pm channel 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight  9pm channel 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight 9pm channel 4     Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight  9pm channel 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2011, 19:52

what makes you think he cares about the dead fish going overboard ? he just wants publicity same as the other one going on about school dinners its just business to them and the bass where well under size apart from that they kept about 50 which is just greed unless they are selling them,you are right about the fishery minster what an embarrassment he is he might not recognize fish but i bet he can reckon a good fiddle on his expenses
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight 9pm channel 4     Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight  9pm channel 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2011, 19:37

Dave, as previously stated, i very much doubt that he kept undersize bass to be shown on tv, and you cannot say for certain that he did! i agree all foreign trawlers should be banned and kept out of English waters...but untill that day arrives???? exactly.. we have a minister who doesnt even know one of the most popular fishes on everyones plate! hugh is a chef, but is also someone who cares about the waste going overboard...skippers will always say there are loads of cod in the sea, even when there isnt..so they can have an increased quota....if there really are that many fish in the sea, where are they? we cant find them, can you? no skipper is even going to say that the fishing is carp, no matter what you say...i think at least he is having a go at EU policy,, i dont see anyone else there do you????
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight 9pm channel 4     Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight  9pm channel 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2011, 19:15

Keith i watched it with baited breath,this is the same guy that went fishing with his mates and kept a lot of undersized bass then made a program about it, up till that point i was a fan of his, he then went on to make a prick of himself over chickens now he is looking for more publicity, i agree the amount of dead fish we put back is ridiculous but i find it strange when all the fisherman on last nights show agreed the cod are back in numbers so maybe this stupid policy is working after all, do not be led down the garden path the only thing these trawler owners want is to pillage the seas whenever they feel like it they are not interested in conservation one bit if you sign the petition you are opening the door for the seas to be emptied of any fish life the present policy is not perfect but its working if you want the fishing to improve lets start by keeping all the foreign trawlers out and insisting all our own trawlers have to have square netting before the cod end then when we do get the cod and herring making a come back we could look at it again instead of giving one idiosyncratic gobshite publicity

here endeth tonights ranting
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight 9pm channel 4     Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight  9pm channel 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2011, 18:56

Unlike some of our members, i believe that at least Hugh is having a go about the wasted fish being chucked overboard as By Catch,,,, even our so called Fisheries Minister didnt even know what a Plaice looked like.... i have signed the petion and urge all others to do the same..www.fishfight.net
. watch more for the nexy few evenings.. channel 4.... 9pm and make your own mind up.... Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight 9pm channel 4     Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight  9pm channel 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hugh Fearnleys Fish Fight 9pm channel 4
Page 1 of 1