Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2

Go down 
+3
bens dad
b5rny
ste trish
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2   Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2010, 20:31

Where were we?, The Fishing.... we all cast in , various rigs and baits trying to find the fish. We were fishing 3 hooks and an 18cm limit.. First cast swiftly got washed down tide despite having a breakaway softy 7oz weight on . We were fishing the last hour and a half of the ebb. The wrong time really, so i was praying the fish would be there. After 15 minuets i reeled in to find i had a small codling on, about 22cm .... first fish on the card and my nerves eased! I looked around and saw the odd fish coming in but not in any great numbers. 3rd cast i had a slack liner and pulled in a 37cm codling Very Happy Mike Dobson the sea angler lensman came and took a few photos so i was feeling happy.. but getting beat by Gordon Thornes fishing next to me Evil or Very Mad Most people were findind the fish but it wasnt easy fishing . Peeler crab was the bait they were taking, but only small sections The fishing continued like this for the first two and a half hours. It then picked up a bit ... i made a few adjustments to my rigs and caught 5 fish in quick successsion including a bonus eel of 46cm cheers Mark Allanson was catching steadily, trying for a bigger codling for the camera, Dad was doing ok and had a nice codling of 39cm; Phil had a few and was steady. while Billy was struggling a bit but had fish on the card. On the Sea angler team , the two internationals, Bill and Alan, were storming ahead especially Bill, Gordon and Paul were steady while Mel , Fishing the same section as Billy was struggling but again had fish on his card.
We all continued fishing hard till the very end , and bang on 4 o'clock the shout for lines in was heard. Cards were signed off and we made our way back to the pub. Heather Lindfield collected the cards and added up the scores.... How had we done? Well, we had all caught , but unfortunatly we lagged behind the expertise of the Sea Angler Team They had amassed 1650 cms compared to our 978cm. Unfortunatly the cards went to Mel for the results to be published in the magazine so i'm not sure of the exact scores but the top 4 were
1st Bill Lindfield Sea Angler

2nd Alan Yates Sea Angler

3rd Steve Trish Sefton SAC 14 fish For 370cm

4th Gordon Thornes Sea Angler

We were bought a pint and had a good chat with The SA team. Everyone agreed it had been a good, enjoyable day. Goodbyes were said and the SA team shot off hoping to beat the rush hour traffic on the way home. The sefton team went and dished the free rods out and went home happy and hopefully with a bit of knowledge gained from fishing against a good bunch of anglers. A big thank you to all who took part and supported this event and League. Tight Lines. Steve Trish.
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

PostSubject: Re: Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2   Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2010, 22:25

good write up Steve - once again well done to all who took part... cheers
Back to top Go down
bens dad

PostSubject: Re: Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2   Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2010, 22:38

Nice one Steve, cant win em all buddy.

They did have quite a good team Smile
Back to top Go down
w.ullathorne

w.ullathorne

PostSubject: sea angler match   Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 08:44

Nice report ste your right what a good day I struggle a bit but i watched and took note what they doing not much different than me
except catching fish ha wrong spot i think as mel russ was next to me and he struggled as well but not to disapointed as the daiwa rod i was kindly given the cheapest i can find it on the net is 260 pounds its great see you when i get back from goa thanks ste
billy ully
Back to top Go down
http://w.ullathorne
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2   Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 21:06

Cheers for the replys lads.
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2   Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 08:32

got some pics to go on from the day, just need to make them smaller for the site.
Greag report Ste, what a great bunchof lads they are too Laughing
Back to top Go down
benh

PostSubject: Re: Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2   Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 10:46

nice one ste Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Sefton SAC v Sea Angler part 2   Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2010, 16:25

Congratulations to all those who took part.
A special thank you to Steve for all the work and input involved.
Once again you have promoted Sefton Sea Anglers in the fishing world.
Do you have any details of articles on match?
Please let us know at next meeting if possible.

Once again "well done" to all those who were involved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2   Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sefton SAC v's Sea Angler Part 2
Page 1 of 1