Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Preveiw on Vale Park

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Preveiw on Vale Park Empty
PostSubject: Preveiw on Vale Park   Preveiw on Vale Park Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 21:19

The next club match is at vale park later this month. Here is a run down on what to expect. Vale park is a low water mark that requires wellies or waders to cross a gulley that seperates the sandbank from the rocky part of the shore. There is a strong side current on this mark that can prove difficult to handle on ocassion. The fishing can be excellent. dabs, whiting, flounder,and plaice will be the main species but thornback rays, dogs, codling, and ocassional conger eel can sometimes show. I usually use a 1 up 1 down rig here with 2 ft , 20lb snoods finished with a size 2 aberdeen pattern hook. Lead lifts can be an advantage. At dead low the fish can be very close in while at the start of the match i would go a decent distance. Peeler crab will be the best bait closely followed by lug tipped mackerel, while ragworm can be excellent for plaice.If you get snagged at this venue ,a slow steady pull can free you, you will pull through the sand ledge. Meeting place is magazine lane? wallasey. Hope this is usefull Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mal b

mal b

Preveiw on Vale Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preveiw on Vale Park   Preveiw on Vale Park Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 15:29

Thanks for the information Ste I know a lot of members will benefit from it again thanks hope I will see you there
Back to top Go down

Preveiw on Vale Park
Page 1 of 1