Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup

Go down 
+2
Steve Bates
keith g
6 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Empty
PostSubject: fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 13:02

Boys
this sunday is the COD CUP....its a one off match , fishing for the single biggest cod only....whoever gets it will win the cod cup!!!!! fishing is 8am till 1pm only....ring me 7pm saturday night.. lets hope its on and lets hope we catch some fish!!!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2010, 09:12

Looking forward to getting out and catching COD.
Hope the weather and fishing is good.

Besides the missing fish investigation other Questions of the year

Is Cookies boat replacing the C22 buoy?
Or is there a new program on TV called channel " near miss Normans" ?
Is Colin going to be in this country for a change or was he in Dubai?
Is Keith still "Kebab Man"?
Has Ronnie been "Scuppered"? Or is he just Bad back Man due to Robbo riding him?
Has Matt Gray become the Invisible Man?
Is Jimmy going to continue playing with his Balls?

There must be other questions or mysteries to solve. Any offers
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2010, 10:10

yes ,keith is still Kebab Man and proud of it!!!!!! (just meat no salad and chilli and tahini sauce please)
Was Colin (alan whicker)spotted in dubai? better ask john terrys missus on that one...
Cookies boat is the new C22.....and C23 and Brazil Bouy...will he learn to read a GPS screen or will he stay pirking in the channel looking for lost ploughs? or is Joe Fitz the new bouy in his new bright red suit?
will Ronnie (alias Glassback)over get a chance to toss Dave off before his back caves in?
now that Jimmy has had his hand repaired, theres no excuse for not playing with all the clubs balls.
is Matt still looking for a Cod insize and thats why no one can find him?

But most important of all, will our Chairman ever get his boat out fishing again? or is it like cookies anchor,,Lost Forever,,, who knows the secret of the Black Magic Box? (or as Cookie knows it, a GPS Unit)
these are the mysteries of small boat fishing,,, for those boats that take part anyway!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2010, 15:07

strange things happen when you fish in the liverpool triangle planes go missing small boats just vanish steve bates was seen buying a round ,(that almost made the national papers) sometimes people catch fish even kippers have been seen swimming past
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2010, 17:54

Dave
now you really have pushed it too far, you must be living in cloud cuckoo land or Narnia.......

STEVE buy a round??????????

Hell will freeze over and I will catch a cod insize before that ever happens!!......... I think you need to book an appontment with the nearest shrink......poor steve will be shaking with the thought of what you have suggested,,,hang your head in shame!!!! confused confused
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2010, 20:16

you are right keith i did get a bit carried away Evil or Very Mad dont know what came over me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2010, 20:39

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy pirat
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2010, 17:50

boys the fishing is on on on 8am till 1pm single biggest cod only ON ON ON !!!!

please be on the beach no later than 7.45 for 8am launch,,,,,short match so no waiting round....please let me know who is fishing, channel 74 please,,, stay safe...keith.....good luck to all taking part...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2010, 17:52

Hi mate will see you sunday Martin Tim, even if it is snowing.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2010, 07:35

well,,, Simply White got to the slip and it was blowing a hooley...waited too see if anyone else turned up, but they didnt.. Josam foned me at 6am to say they would not be attending due to the snow,Steve had phoned on sat night to say he was having engine trouble and also would not be attending, but no one else did! We waited till 8.15am then came back home....a phone call to say you would not be fishing would have been appreciated,, if we had known no one else was fishing, we may not have taken the boat all the way to New Brighton! please note for future reference ...so for saftey reasons i called yesterdays match OFF..

The Cod Cup will now be fished in conjunction with the last leage match on Sunday 7th March 2010..
Thanks to those who phoned....... Mad
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2010, 14:35

Hi Keith,
Sorry if I appeared quick to bail out on Sunday mate, it was really coming down like a blizzard here so decided discretion was the better part of valour on this occasion, but from what you're saying the weather was bad enough without the snow anyway?

It certainly was unfortunate that some more boats didn't give you a ring for an update or to let you know they couldn't make it and thereby save you to the trouble of hanging around at the slip only to turn around again without seeing or hearing from anyone else.
- Can I suggest that before each match (or organised outing) those who know they'll not be attending let you know the week before, and those who do intend getting out, phone or text you to confirm their intention either early on the day or as soon as they know there's a problem or delay?

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2010, 20:43

Another good safety call by Keith again sorry about my last Cod Cup post but i got it wrong again, Snow Snow Snow got up to go but went and laid on the sofa for a few hours. Tim
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2010, 20:52

Could have been worse Keith. Me an my mate ,Carl, were probably the only knobs in the north-west setting brick in that weather! not worth fishing any way. Mersey Anglers open at Otterspool Saturday they had to draw for the prizes as no sizeable fish caught. My Dad fished the final Tackle Box winter league at the town hall steps on Sunday and only seen 2 fish out of about 15 anglers in his section. He finished 5th in the league and i finished 7th( despite missing 2 Matches). Roll on spring and the flounders in the alt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup   fishing sunday 21st February 2010       The Cod Cup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fishing sunday 21st February 2010 The Cod Cup
Page 1 of 1