Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Dock wall 1/8/09

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Dock wall 1/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Dock wall 1/8/09   Dock wall 1/8/09 Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 08:46

Went and had an impromptu session on the wall yesterday, Dad, mark and myself were joined by Donna from the pirates. We fished from about 5.30 to 9.15. We had various baits but mine were all frozen. We fished with 2 rods each, one for rays, one for smaller stuff. It was RUBBISH! Donna had a whiting and i managed one on my very last cast. Baits were coming back with just crab damage, no bites. I think it was too rough for the rays. Felt like winter! Tight lines. Ste
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

Dock wall 1/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dock wall 1/8/09   Dock wall 1/8/09 Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 11:52

Our kid and I fished the wall Friday from low to high,not a nibble of any sort,used all kinds of rigs,bait was bluey.mackeral,black lug,squid,sandeel and peeler crab(yeah,me with peeler crab Laughing ).
Just as you experienced, baits were either taken by crabs,or came back nibbled by the crab.
When we arrived there was just one guy there,from Wirral sea anglers,he had fished the day before and had nothing,he gave it until 3 hours before then gave up.Again he never had a touch. Rolling Eyes
My third blank on the trot on the Alex as well Shocked
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Dock wall 1/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dock wall 1/8/09   Dock wall 1/8/09 Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 13:53

to be honest Matt, i dont rate the river during this time of year. There always seems to be a 4 -6 week period during july aug and early sept when the river goes a bit quiet. Dont like the wall at any time Evil or Very Mad too many noddies there usually or completely dead like yesterday. Looking forward to next weekend, phwlleli on the saturday and doing a match at bromborough on the sun( if i can get some crab) Hope this wind dies down though,or the weed will be chronic afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dock wall 1/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dock wall 1/8/09   Dock wall 1/8/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dock wall 1/8/09
Page 1 of 1