Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Tuesday 16th June-Small boats

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

Tuesday 16th June-Small boats Empty
PostSubject: Tuesday 16th June-Small boats   Tuesday 16th June-Small boats Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2009, 13:29

A friend had been asking me for ages to go out fishing in my boat for over twelve months and although I had promised him a trip for a long time it just hadn't happened mainly due to bad weather, having a regular partner for fishing at weekends and due to the fact that he WORKS. What a dirty word.

However, on Monday night he phoned me to ask could we go fishing on Tuesday. My first instinct was to say NO due to the fact that I hadn't prepared to go. At 11pm that night after looking at the weather forcast, which was predicting a long sunny day with force 2 winds I rang him and said YES we will give it a try. So next morning he came to my house and helped me load all the gear, including all the extra gear we take JUST IN CASE. We picked up the boat, juiced up and got to New Brighton at about 11am and launched about 11.30.

I thought that first of all we would try for some mackerel and then he could at least say he had caught some fish. We caught 12 between us on the drifts. We then moved and anchored and rigged up hopefully for smoothhound which I explained to him were like small shark. He caught the first fish which weighed between 7-71/2 lbs. He couldn't believe the fight it put up and when netted and landed couldn't believe how small it was. He thought he had caught a whopper but it was a picture to see the joy on his face.

We carried on fishing and caught 21 smooth and starryhounds between us [ 11-10 to me] That was close. Plus a couple of flatties. The best days fishing for a long while.

It just goes to show that you can prepare for everything except for the unexpected.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th June-Small boats   Tuesday 16th June-Small boats Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2009, 17:44

Well in steve Very Happy
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th June-Small boats   Tuesday 16th June-Small boats Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2009, 17:45

Hi Steve,

Glad you got out on such a nice day and also had a decent days fishing. Hope your friend does not think that it's like this all the time. Me and keith must of missed you as we eventually launched at approx 10:30ish, glad we did though as we had another good day following from last Saturday and Monday. keith caught a stonker of a Tub Gurnard weighing in at 5lb 8ozs, I however nearly had a heart attack when I landed a 45lb+ Tope I am still shaking now!!
3 days out and everyone was brilliant, let's hope it continues.
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th June-Small boats   Tuesday 16th June-Small boats Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2009, 12:39

Well in Steve, excellent report there mate...but where's the photo's? :-)

Nice one
Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: steves outing   Tuesday 16th June-Small boats Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2009, 13:13

nice one steve, glad u had a brill day,,,hope your mate enjoyed it....is he possibly a new club member in the making? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday 16th June-Small boats   Tuesday 16th June-Small boats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th June-Small boats
Page 1 of 1