Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Caldy PMS rnd 4

Go down 
+2
Tim S
ste trish
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Caldy PMS rnd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Caldy PMS rnd 4   Caldy PMS rnd 4 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2009, 17:21

Mark, Dad and myself fished a match at Caldy yesterday, here's how it went.
We arrived early to be greeted with fantastic sunshine and no wind. Great weather but no good for fishing a shallow muddy venue. At the end of booking in, 45 competitors had turned out including english and welsh internationals, sea angler contributers, and top local rods.
We drew our pegs and i was quite happy with mine, having rocks and a patch of sand in front of me. As usual i was carrying far to much gear and needed a rest when i got there. I set up 3 rods, 2 standard beach rods and a light match quiver tip. Rigs were next and i selected 2 lightish rigs, both 1up 1 down with 3 ft 15lb amnesia snoods and size 2 g-point competition hooks. Bait was next. I managed to persuade a mate to part with 4 fresh peeler in exchange for a packet of rag so was pleased and a bit more confident. i also had frozen crab and blow lug supplied by dad. Thanks Dad! I had shop bought rag, black and mackerel and some maddies that i had dug at 7am on the friday morning.
The whistle went and we started fishing out on the sticky, deep mud, HORRIBLE! nothing came out by me until we were out of the mud.I had a cracking bite which resulted in an eel of 65 cm, that took crab. i was happy now. One of the welsh anglers, Alun Blythin,took one of 80 cm and then it all went quiet again.Two hours into the match i tried another rig, a wishbone , but nothing. Later on with about an hour to go put on a rig with bright dayglo floating beads on. First cast with it , i got a slight bite with it at distance. Twitched it back a bit and left it out for another couple of minuets to see if i could get two. Not to be but i got a flounder of 29 cm which put me on 94 cm. Whistle went and we headed back to the cars. It had been a tough day with quite a few blanks. I was hoping i had done well but didnt know how everyone else had fared
After all the cards were handed in and checked we were ready for the results.

Biggest flat Davy Evens flounder 43cm
Bigest round Alun Blythin eel 80 cm

1st Jonny Waugh 3 fish
2nd Derek Bibby 3 fish
3rd Steve Trish 2 fish
4th Bill Lindfield 2 fish

All in all ,despite the poor fishing a good day for me, not so good for a lot of the lads who had no fish in front of them. Tight lines. Ste
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

Caldy PMS rnd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Caldy   Caldy PMS rnd 4 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2009, 18:28

Steve well done what a days weather, a hard day but worth it keep up the great fishing, a good report. Tim. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Caldy PMS rnd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caldy PMS rnd 4   Caldy PMS rnd 4 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2009, 20:55

great report Ste
another great BLANK by Les and myself
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Caldy PMS rnd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caldy PMS rnd 4   Caldy PMS rnd 4 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2009, 22:17

Chin up mate, draw a line under the blank and get preparing for red rocks. Blanks make the good results that much sweeter! Plenty blanked yesterday mate.
Back to top Go down
wayne mcgilloway

Caldy PMS rnd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caldy PMS rnd 4   Caldy PMS rnd 4 Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2009, 00:09

well done steve mate done well as loads blanked, i was gutted had a nice double shot of flouder 37cm an 26cm i needed a eel to win it but couldnt find one Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
JAGS

JAGS

Caldy PMS rnd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caldy PMS rnd 4   Caldy PMS rnd 4 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 18:48

it was patchy but well done ste i was in with a 75cm eel myself but just couldnt ge anything to go with it. but roll on red rocks see if thats better
see ya there guys Smile
Back to top Go down
wayne mcgilloway

Caldy PMS rnd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caldy PMS rnd 4   Caldy PMS rnd 4 Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2009, 20:45

Is it just me or does any one else think gettin full lenght for eels is just plain silly, otterspool will be funny if this rule carries on.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Caldy PMS rnd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caldy PMS rnd 4   Caldy PMS rnd 4 Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2009, 21:12

Wayne, it did me a favour at caldy, but i think they should be a set size. Otterspool would be fun! we should keep it simple Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

Caldy PMS rnd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caldy PMS rnd 4   Caldy PMS rnd 4 Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 18:54

Match Report: 4th round of N.W.A.S.A.C. Personal Members Championship 2009, Sun 12.4.09, Caldy, Dee Estuary, Wirral (44 rods).

John Waugh leads the championship after storming to a win in the last 30 minutes of the match, taking 2 good flounders and an eel at range to lugworm tipped with rag. Fish were thin on the ground and very few were hooked at the normally productive period where competitors were out on the mud in the early stages of the flood.
Alan Blythin’s specimen eel of 80cms was easily the best roundfish and Dave Evans’ 43 cms flounder the best flatfish on a lean day with bright sunshine and little wind to stir up the estuary.

Results (scoring continental style from 2 zones):
John Waugh (Wallasey), 2 flounders, 1 eel, 126 cms. (pictured)
Derek Bibby (Crosby), 3 flounders, 105 cms.
3. Steve Trish (Bootle), eel & flounder, 94 cms.
4. Bill Lindfield (Greasby), plaice & flounder, 70.
5. Ian Griffiths (Eastham), eel & flounder, 93 .
6. Joe McCarthy (Merseyside), eel, 64.

Roundfish pool: Alan Blythin (Penrhyn Bay), eel, 80 cms.
Flatfish Pool: Dave Evans (Tranmere), flounder, 43 cms.

SAMF Qualifiers: Heather Lindfield (Greasby) & Paul Tucker (Hoylake).

Series after 4 matches;

1. J. Waugh, 87 points.
2. I. Griffiths, 71.
3. Michael Brookes (Birkenhead), 67.
4. Ian Brookes (Birkenhead), 64.
5. Paul Tucker (Hoylake), 62.
6. B. Lindfield, 52.
Caldy PMS rnd 4 J_Waugh
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Caldy PMS rnd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caldy PMS rnd 4   Caldy PMS rnd 4 Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2009, 22:07

thanks heather Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Caldy PMS rnd 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caldy PMS rnd 4   Caldy PMS rnd 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caldy PMS rnd 4
Page 1 of 1