Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Summer League dates 2009

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

Summer League dates 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Summer League dates 2009   Summer League dates 2009 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2009, 07:54

boys and girls, dates are as follows;;;

Leg 1 Sat/Sun 18th/19th April 8am to 3pm

Leg 2 Sat/Sun 16th/17th May 8am to 3pm

Leg 3 Sat/Sun 13th/14th June 7am to12noon

Leg 4 Sat/Sun 4th/5th July 8am to 3pm

Leg 5 Sat/Sun 1st/2nd August 8am to 3pm

Leg 6 Sat/Sun 26th/27th September 7am to 2pm

Species Hunt on all matches and boat with most overall species after 6 matches wins..
All fish must be insize and measured and WEEVERS DONT COUNT.!!!

A number of Pleasure Bashes will be arranged as well..
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Summer League dates 2009   Summer League dates 2009 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2009, 09:31

Thanks for that Keith, how many boats do we have in the club these days?
Also continuing the conservation theme I mentioned on my previous post, would it be possible to use photographic evidence of species caught rather than killing the fish - I sure we'd all prefer not to kill fish that we don't want for the pot, particularly smoothhounds, tope or bass?

Obviously the photo's would have to clearly prove they were caught on the day, but that shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Cheers
Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: summer league dates and rules of capture.   Summer League dates 2009 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2009, 12:44

Martin
WE dont kill any fish at all!!!!!!!!!!! all fish are measured then returned (unless you want one for the pot) we fish all our summer league matches on trust between each boat.....if you want to cheat and say you caught more fish than you actaully did,thats up to you.....in reality the only person you are cheating is yourself....Colin Cooke came up with this idea a few years ago and to my knowledge it has worked fine since then...the only reason to measure the fish is to ensure they are in size,,obviously tope are an exception unless you want to that is.. if we all trust each other then i see no reason to kill any fish.....this is also why Sefton dont fish for money, as it only encorages peiple to cheat!!!!! we have not had 1 problem since we started fishing this way and i dont think we ever will...i also banned Weevers for safety reasons..

We have fished this way for a couple of years now and i personally think its the best way..there a few enough fish for us to catch never mind killing them for no reason...
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Summer League dates 2009   Summer League dates 2009 Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2009, 16:59

That's fine Keith - as you know, due to the ongoing engine problems I was having I didn't fish last summer and can't remember what the procedure was previously.
I can remember when we went to Trevor a few years back that we did bring the fish back to be weighed which obviously meant most died. So yes I'm happy to hear I won't be massacring thousands of innocent fish this summer! :-)
...and being a budding photographer will provide ample photographic evidence of the John Dory's, Sun Fish and Snapper I'm targetting this year - now where did I put the copy of Photoshop!!

Martin
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: summer fishing   Summer League dates 2009 Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2009, 07:37

Martin
thats cool...need a piccie of a Gilthead bream as well please.....preferably one caught off C23..
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Summer League dates 2009   Summer League dates 2009 Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2009, 10:58

theres a mark just off fantasy island where you will get allsorts of bream,watch out for the little fellow shouting DE PLANE ,DE PLANE Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
expat

expat

PostSubject: Re: Summer League dates 2009   Summer League dates 2009 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2009, 09:57

Hey Martin John Dory has got to be one of the best fish to eat, we always put a live bait down for them when fishing over a reef down here. Best we've done is 5 in the boat and 2 dropped at the boat in one session.mmmm! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Summer League dates 2009   Summer League dates 2009 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2009, 10:27

Hi Expat,

You're a very lucky man to live where you do, we're all very impressed with the photo's of your boat and the catches.
It's not just for the fishing, though that helps! - the whole lifestyle out there looks ideal for you to enjoy with your kids.

I've family living in New Zealand and would have loved to have gone out there myself (or Aus) - but alas the wife wouldn't leave her mam :-( - oh and too many creepy crawlies in Australia she says.
Oh well, suppose we can dream the dream... while you live it! Jammy sod! :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer League dates 2009   Summer League dates 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer League dates 2009
Page 1 of 1