Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

report of pleasure bash today

Go down 
+2
ste trish
keith g
6 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

report of pleasure bash today Empty
PostSubject: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2009, 16:58

Well we got out! 3 boats; Josam, Simply White and Lol Marie..weather good but slightly cold,tried the rock channel 1 st thing but only dabs..moved to egg bouy and nowt. Then to clock tower,,biggest cod was 3.5 lb by Simply White,,,4 caught but very small.. some dabs again then moved to radar tower,nowt there...so to sum up, Simply White had dabs and codling,, the other two boats Josam and Lol Marie BLANKED!!!!!!!!!!! no gale force 8 or lashing down rain as predicted by the Hunter 2 wussies...just nice to get out but very poor fishing all round really..presume it will be quiet now till the end of april...ah well.time to get some jobs done on the boat.....
Thanks for the company today to Josam and Lol Marie, pity no more boats from the club were out, it would be nice to see a few more specially as it was a pleasure bash! or are they fair weather anglers???? Suspect
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2009, 18:36

unlucky keith. Will we see you at the alt tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2009, 21:03

steve
dont understand,, me unlucky? we were the only boat to catch! alt? maybe if i can get out of bed in time yes..
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2009, 21:53

that was for the other boats keith Wink
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: luck   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2009, 14:00

Steve it wasn't luck Keith came right over and robbed all our fish by getting to close. Tim S
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2009, 15:55

tim
we didnt rob your fish we were just far more well prepared,,ie we dont just rely on one bait or one mark to catch fish! we did move around a lot but the results speak for themselves,,,,,,,,,3 boats out and only 1 (simply white) catching! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
expat

expat

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2009, 04:58

Nicely put Keith Cool
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 11:39

Better put my Two penneth worth in then.

Over years we've consistantly caught on squid and you definitely seem get the bigger specimens ...as the winter league confirms Very Happy
We did move Rocks- crap, Egg - crap and the Clock where we do tend to catch but missed two good bites - one to a snag losing everything and another when the hooks didn't untangle from the weight after casting. I seem to have found a great snag down there, almost everytime I'd either struggle to get my gear back or the trace would be badly chewed up - same last time we were out, so obviously need to move a bit in/out/up down from were we where.

A lot of it is psychological of course, but given a choice between frozen lug or frozen squid I know which one I'd choose.... crab lol!

Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 20:47

I wouldn't fish in the mersey without ragworm at this time of year shore or boat. I would never, ever ,ever rely on one set bait, always have options. Squid is good for cod but rubbish for dabs and not as good as fish baits for whiting. Cheap, yes, tough and crab resistant,yes, wonderbait, no Very Happy
Tim what did you think of the Alt? Go in the beach section for the results. Thanks for bringing me a bit of luck cheers
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2009, 07:39

martin
ooohh eer rattled some cages here didnt i! yes you are right, squid has caught the bigger fish this season,as for that snag,,,its defo there as we have lost loads of gear on it. i think its a chain or summit that goes from by ther clocktower up to nearly the eagret..its been there as far as i can remember.. our cod were all caught on frozen black lug,we had nowt on the squid at all..i just think that tim prefers squid cos its cheaper that anything else,,,now he will be crowned King Cod for this year we will never hear the end of it...thats till the summer season starts then he fades away like a distant memory (thank god) when we then see Josam both asleep in the Rock Channel after a tiring journey from New Brighton Beach......keep taking those seasick pills tim.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2009, 12:38

that area use to be the dumping ground for the old steel cables off the tug boats they use to cut them up into 20 feet or so lengths then throw them overboard, we had the pleasure one day of pulling one up on the anchor it took us about fifteen miniutes of heavey pulling to get it to the surface and it was stuck goodstile we nearly turned the boat over trying to pull it in, i think the mussels grow on the cables and thats what attract the cod might be worth a try in spring for the place
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2009, 07:39

Dave
there must be loads of it down there cos we have lost loads of gear over the last couple of years..as martin said,you hook a fish then you get snagged,you can feel your line rubbing on the snag before it snaps,,,,there must be loads of lead down there as well!
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2009, 20:42

cage not ratteled ,just saying that i think its a good idea to have options Very Happy . You wouldnt sit on one mark all day, why stick with one bait, is it really that good? Tim, congrats on being king cod king king king king
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2009, 09:59

steve,not your cage rattled ,was tim and martins cage!"

yes i agree,i would not just take 1 bait,,too much reliance doing this... we always take a variety of baits as one day one will catch,the next day it might not.....Tim is King Cod with a cracking fish of 10.5 lb...you cannot take that away from him (bah humbug)..he has proved however that this year what fish were there defo found squid to be the best bait.... Neutral or was that because squid is cheaper than lug?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: report of pleasure bash today   report of pleasure bash today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

report of pleasure bash today
Page 1 of 1