Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Hall Road round 4

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mark a

mark a

Hall Road round 4 Empty
PostSubject: Hall Road round 4   Hall Road round 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2009, 19:06

10th January 2009

Hall Road

Saturday 10th January

We arrived with high expectations of a cod or two,
with the tide pushing in and a stiff wind making bite detection hard, we persevered without success.
15 anglers turned out together with 2 prospective new members.
Fishing was poor with only rockling braving the rough weather.

1st Phil Foster
Keith Grey all had 2 rockling for 46cms
Billy Ullathorne
2nd Mark Allanson 1 rockling for 21cms
3rd Les Trish 1 rockling for 20cms

biggest fish was a rockling of 25cms by Phil Foster
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

Hall Road round 4 Empty
PostSubject: hall road last night   Hall Road round 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2009, 19:24

mark
this was a real grueller..Wind in your face,freezing cold No i am surprised any fish were caught at all rabbit however easy venue and glad i went (not) Razz nice to know the police fish this venue every 20 mins,,made me feel safer!wonder if they were looking for dogfish?
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Hall Road round 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Road round 4   Hall Road round 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2009, 20:57

certainly was a grueller mate, weve had some good luck with the weather this year really.
next round is perch rock- its usually like a sand storm down there when we go 'joy'
should fish well though
As for all the lads from WSF site who WHIMPED OUT LIKE A LOAD OF PUSSIES what can i say
" real fishermen braved the weather" Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
JAGS

JAGS

Hall Road round 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Road round 4   Hall Road round 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2009, 15:58

mark a wrote:
certainly was a grueller mate, weve had some good luck with the weather this year really.
next round is perch rock- its usually like a sand storm down there when we go 'joy'
should fish well though
As for all the lads from WSF site who WHIMPED OUT LIKE A LOAD OF PUSSIES what can i say
" real fishermen braved the weather" Laughing Laughing

ohhh to be a real fisherman mark Rolling Eyes
we were over at kingslake on the same night and same hrs for our pirates match
25 turned out weather was more calmer still very little fish came out
yet again the mersey is still not giving up its booty
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Hall Road round 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Road round 4   Hall Road round 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 09:58

Hi Lads
i agree the river is fishing s**t, beginning to think we are all stupid more than real anglers mate.
anyway me and my dad went to vale park last nite at low water, thought it would produce something ( HOW WRONG WAS I)
got there 3hrs before low, the bank is really small now.
nothing but grass all tide apart from 1 dab and 1 whiting which would be lucky to make 20 cms.
there were 5 other lads out, 1 said he had 2 small codling and that was about it.
total waste of time. cant believe the river isnt fishing at all,
the P.M.s match in feb will be a grueller if this carries on.
no crab activity either even at low, fished 2 rods - 1 with whole squiddy and 1 for whiting and dabs, tried everything even smelly lug - nothing just grass in big clumps
Mark
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

Hall Road round 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Road round 4   Hall Road round 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 11:46

Ray B. fished Perch Rock over low on Monday night using two rods,just a tiny whiting and a small Dab to show for his efforts.Pestered all session by crabs,no sooner in the water than the baits were stripped completeley.

Prospects don't look too good for this weekends club charter on the river. Shocked
although there MAYBE one or two decent coddling in the river,if your lucky Question
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Hall Road round 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Road round 4   Hall Road round 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2009, 21:23

I think its going to be tough in the river till the flounders and eels appear in april. I've heard all kind of reasons for the bad fishing but personally think its just part of a natural cycle. February and march are traditionally bad but there is still the chance of a half decent fish so stick at it. You cant catch from your armchair! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Hall Road round 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Road round 4   Hall Road round 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2009, 10:03

i wsa trawling the internet sites last night looking at reports all over the country and no where is fishing well, a night match at eastbourne was won with 2 rockling.
seems everywhere is crap at the moment.
roll on summer for more fish (never thought i'd say that Mad )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hall Road round 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall Road round 4   Hall Road round 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hall Road round 4
Page 1 of 1