Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
daba

daba

COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!   COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2008, 11:36

Mark,just done a quick check on the web regarding this virus,turns out that this is a possible hoax warning Shocked
Apperently this virus warning has been doing the rounds since July of this year Rolling Eyes
Someones idea of fun Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!   COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2008, 11:16

I would imagine you could,but I am no expert on the subject,experience has led me to delete instantly, any emails that are not from people I know,especially when there are attachments or links to them.I have not had a chance yet to look at all the info on this,most of this type of virus can be deleted as long as you don,t open the email or attachments,most good antivirus software will check emails for virus infection,and also warn you about opening attachments.Its then down to you wether you open it or not,as I said if you don,t recognise who the email is from be very wary of opening iit Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!   COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2008, 10:18

matty
can we just delete without opening????
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!   COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2008, 16:32

This is nothing to do with fishing,but I decided to put this on here to warn members of a virus that has been detected by McAfee, the antivirus software company,who discovered this virus in the last few days.
The attachment is called - POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK ,its a virus that opens A POSTCARD IMAGE,which burns the whole hard disk 'C' of your computer.
If you recieve mail called POSTCARD,even if its been sent by a friend,DON'T OPEN IT !!.Shut DOWN your computer IMMEDIATELY.

This virus has been classed by Microsoft as the most destrucctive virus ever,and at present there is no solution to it.
If you can ,inform anyone on your email lists,therfore avoiding any heartaches or having to replace a fried hard drive.

Thanks go to Tony Nelson for providing the information,may save a lot of fried hard drives.
Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!   COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COMPUTER VIRUS WARNING !!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sefton Sea Anglers :: General Discussion :: Fishy Talk-
Jump to: