Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

New Years Day THS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

New Years Day THS Empty
PostSubject: New Years Day THS   New Years Day THS Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2017, 10:34

Happy new year everyone. Fished the Coastal tackle new year open at the town hall yesterday, great turn out of 29 anglers , some nursing the inevitable hangovers and looking a bit green around the gills but all keen to give it a go. Great attendance by the lads from Sefton SAC, who had 7 members fishing and who went on to take the top 2 spots. Drew peg 10 which was about 30/40 yards to the left of the steps if you were looking out on the river, had a lovely little run off in front of me which boosted my confidence . all in went and within 2 mins i had a dab on the card within 20 mins i had 5 fish on it, dabs and codling, then i lost them for a bit . Carried on looking for them and found them at at about 80 yards, again dabs and codling but also a few whiting, I was on blow lug , black , tipped with bluey or mackerel. also picked up a couple of fish on frozen peeler but had no great advantage over worm/fish combo. It was only a 3 hour match which i was glad of as i felt rough! " All IN" was shouted at 14.00 and cards were added up signed off and handed in. Top 3 was 1st 19 fish Martin Bleasedale ,Sefton SAC 2nd was myself 18 fish and 3rd was Ian Welsh, (Dinglecodcatcher) with 15 fish. Overall a great start to the fishing year with a few quid in the kitty all ready and a decent result as well. Big Thanks to Ant, Lee, and Tony at Coastal tackle, Southport for running and organising the match.
P.s Biggest fish out was a 37cm whiting for Nigel Conlon

Cheers , Steve Trish.
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

New Years Day THS Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day THS   New Years Day THS Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2017, 10:51

Happy new year all.
Well done to Martin and Steve, good to see our club members attending the event.
See you all at the next meeting Monday 9th, Don't forget Membership renewal time boys.
All the best
Richie.
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

New Years Day THS Empty
PostSubject: New Years Day THS   New Years Day THS Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2017, 18:31

congratulations to Martin and Steve great result in first comp of New Year.

Thanks for the report Steve.

Happy New Year to All and as Richie has posted Next meeting
on Monday 9th Jan.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Years Day THS Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Years Day THS   New Years Day THS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Years Day THS
Page 1 of 1