Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

fishing out and about

Go down 
+3
mark a
ste trish
Dave
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mal b

mal b

fishing out and about Empty
PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2008, 19:45

I will be defending my title I am fishing the Sunday hope I can repeat last year. See everyone tomorrow looking forward to a great days fishing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2008, 18:28

Fishing the nwasac 2 day festival the same weekend. people coming from all over the country to fish it. Should be a few representing sefton at this one hopefully. How many of the sefton lads are fishing the polsaf ian? I know we had a good turn out the last few years and i hope Mal Bell is going to defend his title king Good tides , it should fish well. Dont know wether many from mersey anglers or the nwasac pm's will fish it due to the unfortunate clash of dates.
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

PostSubject: Anyone been out fishibg?   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2008, 18:10

Yes, I was out at Hall road, yesterday, and only took a few small whiting and dabs! The wind's shifted around southerly so it seems to be getting warm again, after that cold snap we had! Incidentally, is anyone innterested in doing the weigh in for the POLSAF Fur & Feather, on the Saturday and Sunday of the weekend of 6th & 7th december. Mark Allanson and I did it last year so, it would be a good idea to keep the name of Sefton S A C involved, on a regular basis: because there will be no lack of volunteers from the other 13 POLSAF affiliated clubs!
Best
Ian
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2008, 21:21

The cod weighed 5lb 13oz apparently, some coming in from dock wall and seacombe ferry area. Dad fished the dock wall, over low on tuesday. He had dabs whiting and rockling. He also had his snood bitten off Shocked Cant make the f+f on saturday, but will be fishing the pm's on sunday at otterspool. I reckon it should fish well and a few codling will show Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2008, 16:47

might be crap but anyone got a drop net just in case
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2008, 15:58

BBC weather forecast for Saturday is 16 mph winds from the south,so blowing on shore Shocked
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2008, 15:50

I'm inclined to agree with Mark regarding that cod,had a chat with a few guys who have fished Otterspool prom quite a few times in the last few days,all that has been caught are small whiting,dabs rockling and the odd small codling.
Some anglers have vivid imaginations when it comes to the size of the fish they catch. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2008, 13:40

am sure Steve will confirm that it wasnt quite that big i think but theres hope for saturday
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2008, 11:42

reports on the wirral website of a 7 pound cod at otterspool ROLL ON SATURDAY
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2008, 18:39

Ray Bruchez fished the Alex Wall Monday morning two hours before high to maybe an hour after,bait was ragworm (not touched even by the crabs!) frozen mackerel,sqiud and suey lug.He just had a couple of undersized whiting plus a couple of small dabs.Got plagued by crabs and also big ships in and out of the dock gates on the top end of the tide,couldn't hold bottom using 6 oz grip leads once the tide started to rip,gave up and went home Rolling Eyes
Seems the fishing is better on the wirral side of the Mersey at the moment,roll on Saturday Laughing
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2008, 18:13

Nice one paul, i'd put money on that being a conger. Its important to use this forum to the full potential as people will be kept right up to date with whats going on. Even if i've had a bad day , i still post so people can avoid that place/bait/ tactic etc. Keep the posts coming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2008, 23:08

mark i think there are more going fishing than you realise but nobody posts about their catches, looking forward to saturday but might squeeze a trip in on friday depends if the wife is using her car as mine is in a garage in wigan waiting for someone in japan to agree to pay for the repairs
Back to top Go down
broughy

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2008, 22:15

Had a few hours on the Alex wall saturday night using fresh lug, mackrel and squid. Pretty slow with just a few whiting. Had a huge take that nearly took the rod out of the rest but reeled in a whiting with a big chunk bitten out of it Shocked Hope the fishings a bit better this saturday at Mersey road
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2008, 17:06

I tried to post but my puter is c**p
my dad & i went to vale park l/w last tuesday to use some bait and to try some 3 hook clip downs for the SAMF masters.
anyway we were there 3 hrs and i had 25 whiting to 36cms ( well over 1lb) most averaging 30+cms
they were full of shrimp too so we could have a good year hopefully.
but yes dave the site is dead, is it because we are more of a social club than a fishing club know?
Its only the few anglers who get out fishing while the others just moan about it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2008, 18:00

Not since colwyn bay last weekend. Been getting gear ready for samf masters and working Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2008, 12:07

anyone been fishing ,the site is dead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fishing out and about   fishing out and about Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fishing out and about
Page 1 of 1