Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Colwyn Bay P.M's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mark a

mark a

Colwyn Bay P.M's Empty
PostSubject: Colwyn Bay P.M's   Colwyn Bay P.M's Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2008, 09:45

Saturday night
Steve, Les, Phil and Myself went to fish Colwyn Bay Promenade
with the weather forcast dire we weren't expecting much but to our surprise it fished really well
we were into whiting from the start with Les catching well, Steve was on the golden peg which if he won would have got him £700 but having the peg is the kiss of death with Ste getting about 8 fish including a doggie,
Phil didn't fair much beter as he was pegged between a groin and a slipway, he ended up with about 7 fish.
Les had about 20 plus fish including a doggie which boosts your points. I finished 6th overall with 18 fish including 3 doggies for 415 points on the weight to measure system.
We all got a good soaking as it rained nearly all night, but at least the wind was behind us, it made the fishing quite comfortable. If the wind was a N/E we wouldn't have been able to fish it.
It was whiting all night and doggies at distance and they were hard to get too.
Doggies were needed to boost you totals with an average whiting of 20cms giving you only 7 points, so 1 doggie would wipe out about 8-9 whiting or more.

Colwyn Bay would make a good coach trip as you fish on the prom and it is lit up with adequate parking.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Colwyn Bay P.M's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colwyn Bay P.M's   Colwyn Bay P.M's Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2008, 10:13

In all fairness to phil he had a terrible peg and my wasnt much better. I was happy to beat those either side of me but coulnt keep up with the catch rates of those in the lower peg numbers. I found it was comfortable fishing with plenty of space. Enjoyed it despite the weather. No complicated bait needed just sandeel, belted out for doggies and whiting.
Apologies in advnce for not being at the meeting tomorrow. Going out with my family to celebrate my birthday.... and the news that my wife is expecting a new arrival to the family Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

Colwyn Bay P.M's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colwyn Bay P.M's   Colwyn Bay P.M's Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2008, 11:56

CONGRATULATIONS on the news mate, just a shame it happened so quick affraid
Back to top Go down
mal b

mal b

Colwyn Bay P.M's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colwyn Bay P.M's   Colwyn Bay P.M's Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2008, 13:35

Sorry to hear you will not be at the club Monday but CONGRATULATIONS on the news of a new arrival Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Colwyn Bay P.M's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colwyn Bay P.M's   Colwyn Bay P.M's Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2008, 16:24

Cheers fella's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
b5rny

b5rny

Colwyn Bay P.M's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colwyn Bay P.M's   Colwyn Bay P.M's Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2008, 21:29

congratulations on your good news mate...barny campbell
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Colwyn Bay P.M's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colwyn Bay P.M's   Colwyn Bay P.M's Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2008, 21:33

ta barney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

Colwyn Bay P.M's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colwyn Bay P.M's   Colwyn Bay P.M's Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2008, 18:01

Unfortunately my wife ,sue , suffered a miscarrige on tuesday, we're both gutted but will try again when she feels up to it Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Colwyn Bay P.M's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colwyn Bay P.M's   Colwyn Bay P.M's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colwyn Bay P.M's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sefton Sea Anglers :: Beach Fishing :: Experiences on the Beach Front-
Jump to: