Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Tapered leader Knot.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Green

Alan Green

Tapered leader Knot. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tapered leader Knot.   Tapered leader Knot. Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2014, 09:03

Thanks Steve, Mark, ill see you tonight.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Tapered leader Knot.   Tapered leader Knot. Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2014, 18:28

By the way if I'm fishing with braid I also use a braid leader. Whiplash 20 lb to whiplash 65lb. The 20 lb whiplash is an incredibly fine 0.06mm and flies off the spool and gives great distance., BUT, it's not for everyone, easy to get frustrated with it!
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Tapered leader Knot.   Tapered leader Knot. Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2014, 18:25

The trabucco ones I'm using are fom 0.18 to 0.57 dia, which they state as 12lb to 70lb but I wouldn't bet my life on it! I'm taking about a metre off the thin end before I tie it so the line is more like my main line. The continental brands like trabucco,Grauvell, Yuki,and colmic seem to produce the nice limp tapered leaders that fly off the spool effortlessly when you cast. I've used the daiwa , Varivas,Sakuma and drennen tapered leaders and while they are very abrasion resistant they are also quite wiry and stay like a spring when off the spool. This is something I don't like. They are ok and do the job but seem very crude compared to the continental makes. Good luck with finding the best ones for you.
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Tapered leader Knot.   Tapered leader Knot. Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2014, 17:57

Hi Allan
I use blood knots on mine for mono to mono and a knotless knot on mono to braid main line.
its about finding a knot you are confident about using. Its all in the tightening of the knot as Steve said
Mark
Back to top Go down
Alan Green

Alan Green

PostSubject: Re: Tapered leader Knot.   Tapered leader Knot. Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2014, 12:04

Cheers Ste, ive not got the leader yet that was the next question but got to get something that makes the knot smaller and neater.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Tapered leader Knot.   Tapered leader Knot. Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2014, 20:30

I use a uni to uni knot Alan, tighten it slowly with plenty of saliva to prevent it from "pig tailing" what tapered leaders are you using? I tried quite a few some good some bad. Current ones I'm using are trabucco , but jury is still out on them!
Back to top Go down
Alan Green

Alan Green

PostSubject: Tapered leader Knot.   Tapered leader Knot. Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2014, 14:03

What's the best Knot to use with a tapered leader line?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tapered leader Knot.   Tapered leader Knot. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tapered leader Knot.
Page 1 of 1