Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Llandudno north shore

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mark a

mark a

Llandudno north shore Empty
PostSubject: Llandudno north shore   Llandudno north shore Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2008, 09:09

Steve and me are going to fish a the victoria pier open tonite at Llandudno
we are fishing 7 - 11, should get dogs and whiting, we are fishing to welsh size limits
and its a weight match which will be a change for us.
will post tomorrow. clown
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Llandudno north shore   Llandudno north shore Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 11:14

arrived at llandudno to find most of the personal members there, there were more of us than the welsh.
lovely weather, no wind, no tide movement which didnt help.
ste and me drew zone B wich was from the ats garage down towards the pier then we had to choose were to fish, most people who were already there had rushed down to claim their pegs so we fitted in were we could.
we fished to wfsa size limits of 45cm dog, 27cm whiting etc.
fishing was slower than expected with the big casters able to get out to the better fish and dogs. it was a struggle all nite, i finished with 10 fish but only 1 whiting and 1 dog in size,
ste had 6 fish with only 1 whiting in size on his last cast ( ste had a bit of a mare nite losing few traces, he lost the first one casting out before the match on a snag, he lost another when i was tangled with him only to have me bite through his line by mistake cause he said he had a fish on Embarassed Embarassed anyway i took my fish off and cast out and luckily hooked his line only to get it back with no fish on.Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )
Only downside was it was a weight match so there were a lot of dead fish returned scratch
cant see a need to run a match like this anymore as we had to get our fish signed in by the angler next to you anyway.
we didnt hang around to weigh in as we were nowhere. dont think we will be fishing these matches again because the fish kill is NOT NECESSARY No No No any more with different ways to record the catch rates.
Back to top Go down
daba

daba

PostSubject: Re: Llandudno north shore   Llandudno north shore Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 14:19

In this day and age,with fish being scarce all around the country,killing fish just for the sake of it, is barbaric and should be outlawed in match fishing.Absolutely no need for it these days. Organizers of these type of events want to look at themselves,looks great for our sport to see loads of dead fish,some of which undoubtedly just in size,being thrown back in the sea, after the weigh in Evil or Very Mad

Rant over Sad

Fished the Alex Sunday night with Mr Bruchez,Just a doggie each,not a bite until high water.At least the crabs kept us busy.Very poor all around at the moment.Winter prospects don't look to bright either. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Llandudno north shore   Llandudno north shore Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2008, 20:32

I agree with all the above comments, would rather fish a straight measure,even if it is to various sizes. I dont mind weight matches if they are done right ie weigh stations along venue, or just 1 heaviest fish. To be fair most of the lads at Llandudno tried to keep their fish alive in buckets of water, alright for dogs not to good for whiting Crying or Very sad Mark was right, i had a right nightmare of a time, just one of those nights. Feel like i need a bit of a break from fishing competition matches, but will probably just have a weekend off from fishing in general Very Happy ( still be going out for bait no doubt!) Sorry i cant make the meeting tonight or pwhlleli but work and social events have been neglected for a bit (along with the missus!)I'm building up some Brownie points for when the cod come in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Llandudno north shore   Llandudno north shore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Llandudno north shore
Page 1 of 1