Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Talacre, 17th august

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ste trish

ste trish

Talacre, 17th august Empty
PostSubject: Talacre, 17th august   Talacre, 17th august Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2008, 11:08

Dad, Mark Allanson, Phil Foster and myself are fishing Talacre today ,a nwasac pm's match. I will post tomorrow and give a run down on the fishing. Hoping for dabs, plaice, flounder, bass dogs and chance of a ray Very Happy . Testing out a new rod too, a 15 foot conoflex frenzy, rated at 3-5oz, basically a heavy bass/light beach rod.Hope it does the trick Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heather

Heather

PostSubject: Re: Talacre, 17th august   Talacre, 17th august Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2008, 11:53

Steve will see you later
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Talacre, 17th august   Talacre, 17th august Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2008, 22:16

Well we did the long walk out to the low tide mark at talacre on the welsh side of the dee. 26 turned up to fish which was quite good for the holiday season.The fishing was quite patchy but i think everyone caught. There were dabs, flounder, eels whiting and some huge weevers! Phil foster lost a decent fish close in probably a ray as did one of the other anglers. The venue itself is great, a steep channel full of fish at certain times of the year. it reminds me of perch rock but without the snags and noddy anglers casting over you and setting up 10 foot from you! the match was won by 15 year old michael brookes who was fishing next to me on peg34. he battered me! I think he had 23 dabs. i managed a dozen fish and 6th place. Organiser Richie Burrows came 2nd thanks to a big flounder worth 80 points on the samf conversion table.Enjoyed the fishing and a good day
Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Talacre, 17th august   Talacre, 17th august Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2008, 16:12

Yes great match/fishing venue, only downside is the walk.
not fished there for 15yrs, i ended up with 11 fish and was 11th with les and phil not far behind
very enjoyable, even had 2 people down at the beach doing a survey for bangor uni on fish catches and species counts, very interesting, am awaiting an email from them so i can send them our results too. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talacre, 17th august   Talacre, 17th august Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talacre, 17th august
Page 1 of 1