Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?

Go down 
+6
petep
colin dreaves
ronnie jones
richie
keith g
Martin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin

Martin

Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 10:56

Alright chaps, Saturday sees a quite small tide and wondered if anyone fancies a pleasure bash?
High Water: 07:46 8.18m - Low Water: 14:44 1.98m

If we can't get out due to lack of interest or weather, I've found a good website to remind us what we're missing - have you noticed there's no fishing programs on telly anymore? Anyway this site is good as it gives you news on whats happening on the UK Sea Fishing scene, in audio "news bulletins" and text but also has some good fishing videos that you can watch online.

Here's the link http://www.onlinefishing.tv/channel/sea

Back to top Go down
http://www.comtec-its.co.uk
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 13:21

hi martin,, wish I could mate,, am going stir crazy in here,, lets hope you get someone to go,, although I doubt the fishing will be brilliant,, but its better than sitting in here! good luck mate.. keith
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 19:04

How are you doing Keith?
I know a bad back can be absolute murder but if it's at all feasible, I'm sure we could help get you in and out the boat on dry land and do the donkey work on the beach?

See you soon hopefully.
Martin
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 22:09

hi martin,, had op 2 weeks yesterday,,, had a disc removed,, not nice,, will be a while for me mate,,, keith
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 08:56

No I can imagine it isn't very nice at all, take care mate and I'll see you when you've recovered.

As for the rest of you, come on the forecast is looking good for the weekend now, so we've got no excuse.

Last edited by Martin on April 4th 2013, 14:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
richie

richie

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 10:56

Hi Martin,

I hope to be going away this weekend but I will ask Andy & Pete if they want to take out Blu-Noze.
Hope the fishing improves.

Cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 14:08

Cheers Rich, the weather is supposed to be improving by the weekend and into next week, so you might be lucky there.
Back to top Go down
ronnie jones
Admin
ronnie jones

PostSubject: -anybody-out-this-coming-weekend-sat-in-particular   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 14:37

stormdancers out on sat weather look great,
only two aboard with national on and dave away / hopefully we will get some place
Back to top Go down
http://www.weathertone.co.uk
colin dreaves

colin dreaves

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2013, 09:32

Hi Martin,

Off to the races on Friday with the lads from work don't usually surface till noon on the Saturday
Can't make Sunday, good luck if you get out be looking for your report

Colin
Back to top Go down
petep

petep

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2013, 16:55

Martin - could probably make Sunday but not Saturday (wedding suit fitting/beers afterwards) - waiting 2 see if Robbo can go Sunday,

Pete study
Back to top Go down
jimmy murphy

PostSubject: Anybody out this weekend.   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2013, 19:29

Sea Raider out Saturday. Launching 9- 9-30 If weather is ok. See if anythings biting.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2013, 19:50

good luck chaps,, hope you all get out and catch some fish for me please.....cheers,,, keith
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 10:41

Okay chaps, we were thinking of getting to the slip an hour before high water which is 8:46 on our watches, not GMT. So was thinking of getting there around 7:30 - 8:00 to avoid launching from the bottom edge of the slip at high water. I can't recall whether the tide (8.18m) would actually reach that far up the beach on the day, so if someone could confirm that would be great.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 11:00

hi martin,, if I was you I would launch before 8am as the beach guys are now there daily...no pass no entry... best get there about 7.30am. leave trailer on top just to be safe,,, have a good day and let us know how you get on,,, tight lines... keith
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: ANYone out this weekend.....................   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 16:13

Hi All
I will be out this weekend.
Saturday launch about 8am. See you there!

Oh by the way I will be on Zippo/

Steve
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Satuday fishing   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 16:32

Hi all, anybody got any spare lug to sell for saturday, on the boats please bring it and get in touch, Tim. cheers
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 17:58

It's okay Tim, I've found loads in the freezer next to the burgers! :-) We'll be okay I thnk.
Back to top Go down
petep

petep

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2013, 11:14

How did it go yesterday chaps?
much caught
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2013, 15:08

Hi chaps,

We arrived at the slip around 7:30 which was probably just right for launching off the last of the sand near top of the beach, without having to wade though shallow water at the bottom of the slip (HW 8:45. 8:18M).

Started off fishing a few hundred yards up river from the launch site to see if there were any plaice knocking around, only caught some nice dabs and small codling.

Zippo arrived and after a short stop off close by, headed up river. We sat it out for half an hour before heading over towards the clock but the tide was steaming out by this time and with no bites we went back over to were we started as we were at least getting some bites there.
Sea Raider and Ronnie on Storm Dancer went round the Rock Channel/Windmills but all reports were that the fishing was pretty poo so after a while we headed off towards the Radar Station, where I hooked a decent codling of around 3lb, seemed much bigger in the tide! :-) Tim also caught a decent flounder here but it was still not great. We then moved off the rocks and this is where Tim caught the best fish of the day, a codling of around 4lb.

All in all, as could be predicted the fishing wasn't great but at least we got out for a few hours. Hopefully things will improve next time.

Cheers
Martin
Josam.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2013, 16:13

Well done on getting out. Nice to know that there are sizeable codling in the river. Fishing an open at Otterspool next week , should see a few there.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2013, 17:28

hi martin. well done, sounds like a good day was had and still a few codling in the river,, pity I couldn't go with you but hopefully soon,, very soon... well done to all who fished,,, keith Very Happy
Back to top Go down
petep

petep

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2013, 10:09

Well in lads - as least you were out!!! pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?   Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody out this coming weekend, Sat in particular?
Page 1 of 1