Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

fishing on Sat 5th Jan

Go down 
+3
keith g
jimmy murphy
Steve Bates
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

fishing on Sat 5th Jan Empty
PostSubject: fishing on Sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 10:16

Happy New Year to all

Is anyone out fishing on Saturday?

Les and I are getting prepared to have a go.
Back to top Go down
jimmy murphy

PostSubject: fishing Sat 5th jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 13:43

Hi Steve Roger and myself will be launching Sat. about 9ish. if the weather stays ok.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: fishing on Sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 16:38

hi steve,, Kingfisher and Blu Noze will be there, launching for 8am, back on the beach by 2pm,, see you there,, king
Back to top Go down
Steve Bates

Steve Bates

PostSubject: fishing sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 17:01

Les and I should be launching before 8am and back in about 2pm
See you all there
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: fishing on Sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 17:37

we are fishing sunday, we decided to give the fresh water an extra 24 hours to run off
Back to top Go down
petep

petep

PostSubject: Re: fishing on Sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 18:43

Yep - me and richie will get our feet wet!!

Pete
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: fishing on Sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2013, 17:01

How did it fish? I was busy digging bait. First time since my stroke, worn out Sleep
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: fishing on Sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2013, 09:34

Most Important thing 1st...WELL DONE STEVE,,1ST DIG,, Bet you are knackered now.. will post a report later..... WELL IN STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alan Green

Alan Green

PostSubject: Re: fishing on Sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2013, 14:29

Wecome back Ste, your supposed to be Knackerd after digging bait well in. GOOD LUCK TO THE SEFTON LADS TODAY.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: fishing on Sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2013, 19:46

Hi,, four boats fished, Hunter 2, Blu Noze, Sea Raider and Kingfisher...absolutley flat calm. no wind, glorious sunrise ( wish i had a camera with me, but didint Crying or Very sad ) some fished the clock tower and 2 boats went straight to Pluckington area..fishing was steady with lots of big dabs ( i had 2 dabs on a 4/0 pennel! ) and some good whiting as well..cod were caught steady with a few 2lbers being returned to fight another day..Ritchie McGibbon on Blu Noze was the 1st to catch a decent one at 6lb 10oz bounce ,,, this was going to be the biggest of the day until i caught one @ 7lb 15oz ( weighed on shore ) pirat ,,, the fishing was good with lots of other charters and small boats in the river...you have to take the chance and get out when you can with the weather we have had in the last few months...glad to see Les Clarke crewing again for Hunter 2,, ( looks like a permanent crew possibly? ) and getting some experience from our former chairman,,,lets hope it is...great day to be out Small Boat Fishing,,its been a long time since the weather and the fishing was great on the same day,,,thanks again for all who attended,,lets hope we can get the same weather in the future,, king

Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: fishing on Sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2013, 23:58

locked out this morning just after 6 a.m. 3 on board left the lock and sailed into a flat calm mersey not a ripple in site, we dropped anchor and started to try for the first cod of the year, the river was busy with the wirral small boats and about nine charter boats we started off with whiting then a couple of small coddling as day light came the cod got bigger we finished up with around seven between us the best was 8 pound 11 ounce followed by one 6 pounds 10 oz, 5 pound 4 oz, 2 around 4 and half and 2 around 3 and half good day made a change from all the rain of late
fishing on Sat 5th Jan P1000773-Copy
fishing on Sat 5th Jan P1000772
Back to top Go down
petep

petep

PostSubject: Re: fishing on Sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 14:59

Some really nice fish there chaps - well in!!!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fishing on Sat 5th Jan   fishing on Sat 5th Jan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fishing on Sat 5th Jan
Page 1 of 1