Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
keith g

keith g

1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Empty
PostSubject: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 19:28

Hi girls,, as above,, 1st one of winter league is this saturday ONLY... fishing 8am till 2 or 3 pm ( will poll each boat on the day to see if they want to stay out till 3pm if weather allows ).. 3 biggest cod and 3 biggest whiting,,, hope the weather gods give us a break for a change!, ,,,
Will decide at 6.50pm on Friday night so pleeeease dont call before 7pm,, you all have the same information on the weather as i do, i dont have any divine sight or x ray vision that can see anything different apart from what you all see. ...so..,,will post asap after 6.50pm if match is on or not...lets see a full attendance if possible.. thanks keith
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2012, 19:56

LATEST UPDATE!!!!
A severe environmental warning has been issued by Jedi... affraid
Seems one of the crew on Sea Raider ( no names no pack drill ) has a very severe bout of the runny stuff and is still highly infected.!!! Not nice in the house but even worse when on a boat! Embarassed
..I can only advise all boats to make sure that you are not fishing downtide of Sea Raider as you dont want to catch it ( plus there is enough crap in the river without anyone adding to it.)
. lets hope there are many buckets on board Sea Raider as well as lots of Andrex!!!! Me,,, i just suggest a half a mile exclusion zone should be adhered to at all times and make sure you wear your chemical/flotation suit to prevent any cross contamination.Wink Suspect
On the real side..lets hope this bout is well over by saturday and all the crew are safe and well and can sit down without the aid of any Sudacrem to prevent nappy rash..I personally recommend Loperamide.( get it from the chemist ,, it really does work,),. its good at stopping the trots mate... best wishes Jimmy...see you saturday morning hopefully....Keith
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2012, 18:42

Hi Girls,, tomorrow is ON,,,please be ready by 7.45am for radio check channel 74,, lets have a good club attendence please,,,,dont forget your lifejackets,,,,, see you in the morning... keith king
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: Winter League    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2012, 18:48

Josam will be there, cheers Keith, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jimmy murphy

PostSubject: 1st winter league    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2012, 19:11

o

k Keith sea raider will be there.need a spare bucket,for ground bait ? Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2012, 19:57

Hi Jim,, hope you are feeling better,, there is a bad bug going round ( novovirus? ) so think that may have been what you had,,, ( i have some industrial strength Immodium if you need it just let me know)
glad you are attending,, will see you in the morning,,, thanks keith
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: results for today    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2012, 18:36

hi..5 boats fished, Kingfisher, Jedi, Sea Raider, Blu Noze and Josam... Hunter 2 also joined us for the outing with his girlfriend `Gary from the Wirral`..Launched about 8.30am.. a lot of small boats and charter boats were already fishing by this time...weather was sunny but not warm,,Blu Noze kicked the day off with a dodgy radio then proceeded to lose their anchor by seaforth rocks..Jimmys butt plug was holding fine on Sea Raider so the dreaded bucket wasnt needed.good news for all...Jedi had a good fish on,, but turned out to be a skate of about 10lb.. not what he was looking for....fishing was varied between the 5 boats,,, Hunter 2 was in the channel ( although he will tell you he wasnt ) but saying that,, the charter boats were even further out! ,, a couple of small boats from Rhyl were fishing today,, one was so far in the channel he was nearer the other side! the results were as follows;
1st kingfisher with 9lb 15 ozs
2nd Blu Noze with 8lb 5oz
3rd josam with 8lb dead
4th Jedi with 2lb 7oz
5th Sea Raider 1lb 12 ozs
we had a £1 pool each for biggest cod which went to Hunter 2 with a cod of 3lb 5oz..
Lots of big whiting to about 1lb each were the order of the day.. all in all a good days fishing and thanks to all the boats that took part..thanks for your support...keith king

Back to top Go down
jimmy murphy

PostSubject: 1st winter league report    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 12:52

hi Keith ,good report on a good days fishing.even if we did come last .cheers jimmy.
Back to top Go down
Tim S

Tim S

PostSubject: first trip out    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 16:28

Keith, thanks for the report i also had a thorny only about 4lb thanks for the Lugworm great bait catching most of the day on it, hope you can get me 4 packes for the F & F on saturday i dont think i could buy any better your bait will do me for the winter fishing many thanks Tim. cheers
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 10:58

Good report Keith. Time for Gary to join the club so Steve can get in on the league?
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 12:42

Hi Steve,, totally agree,,,thats up to Mr Bates to sort that out but he would be extremely welcome as he is a great angler and good lad as well... so come on Mr Bates.. how about it?..... keith Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gary@DiscoveryCharters

Gary@DiscoveryCharters

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 15:28

keith g wrote:

Hunter 2 was in the channel ( although he will tell you he wasnt ) but saying that,, the charter boats were even further out! ,, a couple of small boats from Rhyl were fishing today,, one was so far in the channel he was nearer the other side!

Hi my name is Gary Flint and i run and Skipper Discovery out of Liverpool Marina. I have read this post with great interest, and i am alarmed that you used the phrase Charter Boats. We have fitted AIS which Mersey VTS obviously monitor 24hrs a day and we also notify them whenever we move to a new spot. We also comply with the current Colregs whilst at anchor. Can you tell me how many small boats comply with the Colregs at anchor. You need to be careful with the way you express yourself on the internet, as at the end of the day, if everybody wishes to keep fishing the Mersey, we need to not discuss these type of comments on the internet. Each club should police their own boats to ensure they are complying with the Colregs. I dont want it to sound as a rant, but it is the fishing in the Mersey that is at stake.

Cheers

Gary
Back to top Go down
http://www.discoverycharters.co.uk
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 16:49

To be fair To Keith Gary he is only expressing his opinion and I would back him that he is right as I have also seen charters that look to be anchored in the shipping channel You might be professional in you approach but there are those who are not, like in any walk of life.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 16:52

On another note about charter boats I could have hit the boats anchored off Perch on Sunday , with a good pendulum cast. Also had this at Vale park.
Back to top Go down
Gary@DiscoveryCharters

Gary@DiscoveryCharters

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 17:13

ste trish wrote:
On another note about charter boats I could have hit the boats anchored off Perch on Sunday , with a good pendulum cast. Also had this at Vale park.

The point im trying to get across is about Keith mentioning that the charters are anchored in the channel. You need to name the boats that are causing the problems or even e-mail them with your concerns. If they are that close you should be able to see there names. Back to the topic in hand about Charter boats in the channel. You should name and shame them as it is giving the boats doing it properly a bad name. I also believe that the small boats should comply with the Colregs like the charterboats have to. I owned a small boat for many years and fished the mersey, so i understand your concerns. We have to protect our fishing in the Mersey and the more it is mentioned about other people doing things the wrong way it is going to harm our fishing in the future. We need to leave it to Mersey VTS or the Shipping to complian about boats in the channel.

Gary
Back to top Go down
http://www.discoverycharters.co.uk
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 17:46

Yes they should be named. No doubt the authority's won't be bothered by blaming individual boats, they will just put a blanket ban on anchoring anywhere inside the Mersey.
Back to top Go down
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 17:48

Welcome to the site by the way!
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 23:14

hi,, i have sent a e mail to Gary asking for assistance to help us to ensure we are complying with all the regulations with fishing the river i.e Colregs etc,,hopefully with Gary being a charter skipper he can point me in the right direction to ensure we as a club are complying with all the regulations that we need to... also thanks to Ronnie from Stormdancer for his help at the club tonight to help us move forward on to ensure we are doing things correctly,,,cheers Ronnie,, any help mostly appreciated,, thanks again,, keith
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November    1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st leb of winter league this saturday only 10 November
Page 1 of 1