Sefton Sea Anglers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  HomeHome  

FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT

Go down 
+3
Dave
ste trish
ronnie jones
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ronnie jones
Admin
ronnie jones

FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Empty
PostSubject: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 17:08

Locked out at 7.30am yesterday weather was a barmy 13 degrees, river like glass
Fished are favourite mark, seeing that the first cast dave made brought in a two pound cod thought this bods well for the rest of the day
Although it never carried on like that we were fishing all the time , lots of good size whiting
With it just being the two of us we brought the good china out and had full breakfast with a three course lunch
end of the days count was 3 cod [ none by me ] doggies, whiting; dabs
Roger and jimmy were out next to us on sea raider they had that many fish they ran out of bait

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.weathertone.co.uk
ste trish

ste trish

PostSubject: Re: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 21:56

Well done lads
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 22:13

it was a good day we could have done with a bit more of a run , loads of shite in the river seems to be coming out of the sandon dock ive been told they have applied for a license to dump partly treated sewage in to the river, i do not think this should be allowed i am trying to find out where to complain for the best
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 20:31

hi dave,, the amount of plastic ( from tampons ) in the river sunday was bloody disgusting...apart from the normal logs and trees it was awful,, i have sent an email to the Environment Agency asking who is responsible,, ( i think united utilities but am awaiting confirmation )... we have do do something about it as its now beyond a joke,, even the beach lads are having the same problem....lets see what reply i get.... if any!.... keith
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2012, 18:18

hi keith, let me know if you get a reply, gary off discovery was telling me that the sandon dock is after permission to dump thousands of tons of partly treated sewage into the river he has been on to the environment agency but to date no reply
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: waste in river mersey,,,   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2012, 15:42

hi dave,, this is the response i got from the Environment Ageny today via e mail:::::

``We are not the authority responsible for waste dumped in the River Mersey. I presume you suspect that the waste has come from local sewage which hasn't been filtered correctly? If so, you should complain to the local water/sewerage company. ``

Now theres a surprise isnt it?,,,, i will know try United Utilities whom i presume process the local wast into the Mersey,,,,wish me luck..... king keith
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2012, 16:17

hi keith, i am going away at the weekend so i am a bit stuck maybe a call to fish legal would help
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2012, 16:25

hi dave,, will await any reply from United Utilities so no-one can say that i never went through the proper channels first... then will try Fish Legal as you suggest,,,,,,, cant wait to see the reply i get from United Utilities,, thats if i get one at all!,,, lets see....keith
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2012, 11:25

hi all,, just had a phone call from a nice lady at United Utilities... they have referred my complaint to the Engineers who will investigate and i should receive a reply by 13 November 2012,,,,i know its only an initial respone ,, but fair play to them, at least they have acknowledged my complaint..... will keep you updated as soon as i hear anything else..... keith
Back to top Go down
Tony-P-

Tony-P-

PostSubject: Re: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2012, 12:16

Good to see people like you doing something about this issue Keith, just read these posts.
I've only fished for 2/3yrs and when I/we been fishing along Liverpool front there is always plastic and stuff on your lines and gear not nice at all. Hopefully they will get things sorted asap and thanks again to people like you who report these issue more of us should do the same including me which I/We will from now on.

Cheers,

Tony
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2012, 09:30

nice work Keith lets see how far this can go, we coould always bag up the crap and send it to them Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
b5rny1

PostSubject: united utilities and defra    FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2012, 17:37

I have the article from commercial shipping news - how do i pass it to you Keith some interesting items in it..... study study study
Back to top Go down
keith g

keith g

PostSubject: Re: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2012, 17:54

hi berny,, can you bring the mag to the next meeting please? thanks keith
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT   FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FISHING THE RIVER TUESDAY 23/OCT
Page 1 of 1